Spyder Garage

Default 2011 RT fender lights - what amps would strip LED's draw??

Hi all. I am wanting to put the strip LED light to the fender but want to route via a separate accessory fuse block. What I am trying to ascertain is the amperage or watt being drawn so I can place a fuse on the block.
    I have searched online in all the places I know and nothing comes up - just how to wire or using the given plug n play scenario.
    Thanks in advance
    2011 RT , Manuctaured my own for aux lights Pearl white

Spyder Garage

All my electrical accessories are connected to a fuse block that is fed via a relay that is on only when the ignition is on.
    Here's where I got it....
    https://www.banggood.com/IMars-10-Wa...N&rmmds=search
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JBnLIZ View Post
    Hi all. I am wanting to put the strip LED light to the fender but want to route via a separate accessory fuse block. What I am trying to ascertain is the amperage or watt being drawn so I can place a fuse on the block.
    I have searched online in all the places I know and nothing comes up - just how to wire or using the given plug n play scenario.
    Thanks in advance
    IMHO a separate FUSE is not necessary if you are using LED's .... I did what you want to do years and years ago ..... plus I added RED LED's to the back of the fender where the red reflective tape was ..... I easily accomplished all of this by Tapping into the fender front TIP light, and running wire to the back of the fender using the raised channel inside the fender ...... Mike

Spyder Garage

Thanks this is what I have but wanting to know what the amp/watt draw is so I can match the correct fuse rating to the lights

Spyder Garage

Yes and no I had extra indicator LEDs on my mirrors and this played up no end with my electronics- hyper flash/screen sensitivity. I removed 1 set and left a small set in place no probs.
    I have other accessories that I want to use with the block there’re by negating any other possible faults.
    (I will get the fender lights to go/off with the indicators as well)
    Thanks

Spyder Garage

If you are wanting them to blink with the signals how would you get that signal if you didn't tap into the signal wire? We have an 11 RTS and I had to run the wire up and tap into both of the wires just behind the plug for the mirror signals.
    2007 M109R LE - To many MODS to list. Its cheaper that way!!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by M109Dreamer View Post
    If you are wanting them to blink with the signals how would you get that signal if you didn't tap into the signal wire? We have an 11 RTS and I had to run the wire up and tap into both of the wires just behind the plug for the mirror signals.
    Hi: yep but using the negative wire (home made plug n play) through an off relay.
    Power to the lights comes from the relayed fuse box, though another power relay. Using the negative side as the actuation and the power side running through this relay. The negative wire on the indicator side is where I will tap into using home made plug n play plugs thus off/on etc.
    Hope this makes sense

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JBnLIZ View Post
    Thanks in advance
    Hi again all - can anyone tell me the draw amps or watts for these either single bank or together. Cheers