Spyder Garage

Default Any links/part #'s for Y gasket replacement? 2009 GS SE5

Hi All! Does anyone have a link to the proper gaskets I need to replace for a y gasket? 2009 SE5 GS

thank you
    2009 GS SE5: Stage 2 Elka front shocks, BajaRon sway bar, K&N air filter, kuryakyn foot pegs, TricLED rear and front lights.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If I remember correctly someone had come up with a HONDA Gasket Replacement...When I replaced mine on my 2008 GS I used them...But I don't remember or have the Honda Part Number...I sure you can do a search and come up with the number OR MAYBE someone has it??? larryd

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Here it is; #3

Originally Posted by Demndawg
    I got an awesome deal on a two brothers dual carbon fiber exhaust system. The main parts are still attached but other than that’s there is no hardwear with the kit. My question is can i reuse hardwear from the stock system such as bolt said and spring? Also, when connecting 5e system to the header pipe I should this where i would put the Honda y gasket that I’ve seen so much talk about? If so, does anyone know the exact part number? And lastly, I swear, ive heard that replacing header gaskets could help with the heat issue so should I go ahead and do this while erything is off? I’m going to try and post pics of new system so you can see what im working with. Hope I can do it right this time.

So still can’t post pics. It keeps telling me it’s invalid even though it’s a png file straight from my library.
    You should be able to reuse the bolts and spring. Be careful screwing the O2 sensor back in.

I think a header gasket and Y gasket are the same thing, BRP calls them slip joints. After about 2k miles they burn out, thus the heat. The Honda Y gaskets last much longer. I've got 50k on mine and they're still good. Get two, for both header pipes. The part number is 18392-MAM-000.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-30-2021 at 09:18 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display

Spyder Garage

Thank you larryd - I found this thread too. has great details https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...et-replacement

I'll get this
    Honda GL1800 gasket is 18392-MAM-000

this looks like a good video just for reference here in this thread.
    https://youtu.be/LX29oQkkK2E

I'm changing out the muffler - so while I'm at it I'm getting the Y gaskets replaced.

Cheers!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-30-2021 at 09:16 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display
    2009 GS SE5: Stage 2 Elka front shocks, BajaRon sway bar, K&N air filter, kuryakyn foot pegs, TricLED rear and front lights.