Spyder Garage

Default Bypass BRP Connect

If you are like me and 90% of the time you do not want to use BRP Connect, but you don’t want to take your Tupperware off locate the accessory terminal and run a separate USB to your glove box so you can charge your iphone without it trying to constantly connect to the Spyder , the attached video will give you my way of fixing this very simply in about five minutes time for under $10. Hope it helps anybody that’s As frustrated with BRP Connect as I am.

https://youtu.be/PNrHpYPV2Yo
    Back amongst the living May 2021
    2022 RT Limited Hyper Silver

Out to Pasture:
    2013 ST Limited , Black Currant
    2022 F3L , Dark Edition
    2021 RTL , Chalk Chrome
    2013 RT Limited , Circuit Yellow Metallic
    2008 GS SM5 , Millenium Yellow
    2020 RT Limited Petrol Dark
    2014 RT Limited Champagne Black
    2012 RT Limited White
    2010 Timeless Black RTS SM5
    2010 Orbital Blue RTS SM5
    2008 GS SM5 PE 1941
    2008 GS SM5 PE2011

Spyder Garage

Yeah, there are a few using this solution successfully, widowmaker. Thanks for the video.��

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Yes this works great. Phone must be paired to audio system of your Spyder to use the spyder's speakers. Turn volume all the way up on your phone and you will be able to adjust the volume of your tunes using any one of the three volume controls on the 20 - 21 models more efficiently. This audio system on the 20-21 models really cranks out volume. (I'm Using Iphone 11 )
    GLIDE-ON>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Blue Belle" 2021 RTL Chrome in Petrol Blue
    2021 RTL Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Cool... thanks for this suggestion. I have a 20i19 with connectors inside the Frunk. Anyone know a similar, and easy, solution for this setup?
    Thanks,

Gina J

Spyder Garage

For a 2021 RTL, if you just want the tunes from the phone, put them on a spare micro USB in your old spare phone with an unregistered SIM and plug it in with any USB in the rear trunk charging port. My LG works great back there. I paired it as a USB device, and not having BRPC on it or a way to download it, it just runs the music app. I see the song titles, can thumb through them (I set the player app to play them alphabetically, which ends up fairly random) as it shows up as the USB audio device.
    "Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"
    2021 RTL Dark Chalk Metallic with comfort seat
    1978 GL1000 w/'75 engine show bike
    1976 RD400c

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pidjones View Post
    I paired it as a USB device, and not having BRPC on it or a way to download it, it just runs the music app.
    I'm trying your technique using an old iPhone (just in my hand at the moment, so not powered externally yet) and I can't find any setting on the Spyder (2021 Sea-to-Sky) where I try to pair the phone and BRP Connect doesn't rear its ugly head! Can you point me at the right steps please?

Spyder Garage

Been months, but I believe that I just paired it normally and didn't have BRPC app on the phone (Android).
    "Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"
    2021 RTL Dark Chalk Metallic with comfort seat
    1978 GL1000 w/'75 engine show bike
    1976 RD400c

Spyder Garage

Been months, but I believe that I just paired it normally and didn't have BRPC app on the phone (Android).
    I too did not have BRPC on the old iphone, and I could only find one way to pair it with the Spyder - where the Spyder was reporting itself to the phone as "BRP Connect"! It worked though - music from the phone came out of the Spyder's speakers.

I paired it as a USB device.
    I cannot see such an option.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Big Mac View Post
    I too did not have BRPC on the old iphone, and I could only find one way to pair it with the Spyder - where the Spyder was reporting itself to the phone as "BRP Connect"! It worked though - music from the phone came out of the Spyder's speakers.
    I cannot see such an option.
    The same way you tried with your XT, Big Mac. Plug your old iPhone into the glovebox connector with a data blocker, or power it from another source if you don’t have a blocker, ignition on, wait a minute to let the RT settle and activate BT, press joystick, scroll down to the Settings icon, select Bluetooth then Add Phone, make your iphone discoverable, allow the connection to “BRPConnect”. (It does not start BRPConnect per se, but simply BTs your phone to the Spyder). Start a playlist on your iPhone (you can’t do it from the Spyder) and then use your Spyder controls to pause, change volume, next track etc.
    It is hard to detail the steps, but that should be pretty close.

I set mine up this way, but I wanted full control (i.e. change playlist, select an album etc etc) so I gave it away and simply control my music from my XT.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red