Spyder Garage

Default Strange gas gauge problem.

While riding with my group last week, we had to wait on a rainstorm to pass, before we headed back home. When I got back home, my gas gauge showed only one bar, and I knew I had more gas than that. When I went to fill it up, the top 3 ½ bars were showing, and the bottom bar also. The middle three bars were not showing up. Any ideas? The pictur I am attaching shows what I am talking about (gas tank not completely full when picture was taken).20210825_102026.jpg20210825_102026.jpg
    2009 Red RS SE, red LED custom night lighting, red LED brake strips in back, unusual stereo fairing with 2/4" speakers,2/5" speakers and subwoofer in frunk, radio that has power outputs for cell phone and GPS, with GPS installed,4 inch risers, ultimate midrider seat with ostrich inlays, and spyder logo, heated hand grips, up and out mirror extensions, smoothspyder backrest, Seal floorboards, and maybe some stuff that I have not discovered yet.

Spyder Garage

Were you out in the rain? Maybe moisture got in the gauges and needs to dry out?????

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Yes, it did get pretty wet, and I took the whole unit out, and disassembled it, and dried it out with my air gun. I am thinking that I might take it apart again, and see if I let it set all taken apart for a while, maybe it will dry out some more. Thanks ARtraveler
    2009 Red RS SE, red LED custom night lighting, red LED brake strips in back, unusual stereo fairing with 2/4" speakers,2/5" speakers and subwoofer in frunk, radio that has power outputs for cell phone and GPS, with GPS installed,4 inch risers, ultimate midrider seat with ostrich inlays, and spyder logo, heated hand grips, up and out mirror extensions, smoothspyder backrest, Seal floorboards, and maybe some stuff that I have not discovered yet.

Spyder Garage

Okay, I think I may have found another speedometer cluster, but wanted to know if it came from the same year if it will work, and how many years used that same cluster. He said that he would send me a piture of the one he has all lit up, to show me that it works. Hoping someone on here will know if it will actually fit my spyder or not. Thanks.

Spyder Garage

The cluster part number for your 2009 GS has been superseded with a new number. The new number replaces all clusters from 2008 to 2011 GS and RS models. So from that info I would assume they would all cross fit and work.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Thank you billybovine