Very Active Member redneck diva's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default We all have some unusual road names out there, What's yours

We all have some unusual road names out there. lets see how good some of them are & how you got them

here are my family's

Mine----- Redneck Diva, my husband says i have very expensive taste & always have my nails & hair done, so he calls me a diva, but i am a redneck country girl at heart. so Redneck Diva

Hubby --- Big Dawg, he used to have an English Mastiff that at peak weight was #264 lbs that pretty much sums his up right there. Big Dawg

oldest son --- Ringtail he is a veterinary surgical tech & has worked on some exoctic animals & fell in love with raccoons..... so ringtail. (i wanted him to go with Trash Panda but he didn't like it)

middle son --- Lil Shadow. he fell in love with my husband's Honda Shadow & has said from 6yrs old that will be the bike he wants to ride & he is always up under my hubby doing things so hence the name Lil Shadow

daughter --- Butt Knuckles this is the wild child who at 12 yrs old road from GA to Oregon & back, & has since did three cross country trips on the back of a spyder. (shes 17 now) & we all know when you are riding passenger on a
    spyder if you happen to hold on to the hand grips, it looks like you are sitting on your knuckles. what do you sit on, your butt....... so the term Butt Knuckles was created & she rocks it. its on her
    name patch on her vest & that is how she will introduce herself to others

our spyder rydin family.
    Redneck Diva

Member of the Southern Cruisers Riding Club Chapter #213--
    Central Georgia
    Proud PGR rider

Spyder Garage

Motorcycles have always seemed like flying horses to me hence Pegasus. My most loved motorcycle was the V4 Yamaha Ventures/Royal Star and they were 1300cc's. An easy combination and I have been Pegasus1300 since the late1990's

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

My husband introduced me to MC riding as a passenger (was terrified but not for long). Started out riding small Honda bikes... then took 14 years off (family joy... grew from four to six... no-o-o time for riding). My last 2-wheeler was a beautiful VStar 1100.

Happily moved into the Spyder world in 2012 with a gorgeous Magnesium Metallic RTS and joined this forum as Luvs2Ride. Simple name but seemed to fit... loved that 2012... love my current 2019 RT Ltd and... still love to ride!

Ride Safe,
    Gina J

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Never had a road name. My kids, however, suggest Jewbilly as I am sort of hillbilly and also Jewish.

~Sandee~

~Sandee~
    2016 RT-L (Purchased used in February 2018)
    RT Dash Mount (from JT's Spyder Store)
    Kuryakin Trident Highway Pegs
    Hopnel Pouch
    Magic Mirrors
    Spyderpops Foam Handgrips
    Iron Butt #35273
    Girls on Spyders #2779

Spyder Garage

I grew up with my grandfather's nickname, but to most of the world, I am known as Nathan. For a closer group of bikers, family, and folks in Wayne County, Kentucky I am Pid (Jones).
    "Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"
    2021 RTL Dark Chalk Metallic with comfort seat
    1978 GL1000 w/'75 engine show bike
    1976 RD400c

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sandeejs View Post
    Never had a road name. My kids, however, suggest Jewbilly as I am sort of hillbilly and also Jewish.

~Sandee~
    if your still riding you better get one....... if not you will be given one & once its given your stuck with it. (im sure my daughter didnt originally like ButtKnuckles) hahaha
    Redneck Diva

Central Georgia
    Proud PGR rider

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

For more about our usernames see this thread. https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...d-it-come-from. There are over 450 posts in that thread. With over 8,000 active members there is still lots of room for more comments!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-25-2021 at 09:53 PM. Reason: Fixed link

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    For more about our usernames see this thread. https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...d-it-come-from. There are over 450 posts in that thread. With over 8,000 active members there is still lots of room for more comments!
    I saw that thread but it said your username......... I was talking about you riding name, AKA road name - not necessarily your username for this site. Thanks though & that is a good read
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-25-2021 at 09:53 PM. Reason: Fixed thread & link
    Redneck Diva

Central Georgia
    Proud PGR rider

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by redneck diva View Post
    I saw that thread but it said your username......... I was talking about you riding name, AKA road name - not necessarily your username for this site. Thanks though & that is a good read
    Thanks for the clarification. I guess I've never given any thought to speak of for a "road name" although I have seen a few plastered on motorcycles! That kind of hearkens back to the days of truckers' CB handles!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Mine is Mellow because Volcano was taken by the golfer Ken Green
    Back in the CB days it was Horny Toad.

Spyder Garage

To all my up nort friends I am V Rod.Because when I moved here 9yrs ago I had a custom rod like they had never seen! The wife is Pickles because,wait for it, she's a DILLY!

Spyder Garage

Pickles............. i love it. its as unusual as my daughters road name Butt Knuckles.
    Redneck Diva

Central Georgia
    Proud PGR rider

Spyder Garage

One of my riding buddies dubbed me "Packer" because I had so much luggage strapped to my Honda Shadow on my first long distance ride... I've learned to travel lighter since and thankfully the name didn't stick.

You can't get there from here....

Mods and Tweaks:
    Showcrome Trunk Rack
    Showcrome LED Trunk Light
    Garmin 390LM
    Spyderzone Floating Hiway Boards
    Spyderzone Mount Dash Bracket
    BajaRon Antisway Bar
    Showcrome full-size brake pedal
    Spyder-2-Go Driver Cup holder
    Ram X phone mount
    SpyderExtras 12 volt Docking Station
    BRP Driver Backrest
    Monster 4K Action Camera
    Spyderzone LED Fender Mount Spotlights
    CASA LED Headlights and Foglights
    2018 RT Limited , Ashphalt Metallic

Spyder Garage

When my wife stated riding back in 1974, female riders were very rare. So she had her bike painted bright pink. The only means we had to communicate back then were CB radios. Her CB handle was ‘Pink Butterfly’.
    Penny and Rick have owned many motorcycles starting in 1974 with Honda’s, then to Suzukis, Gold Wings and ultimately Spyders.
    ‘74 Honda 360T (pair); ‘78 Suzuki GS 1000 (pair); ‘’82 Honda Aspencade; ‘84 Honda 400; ‘87 Yamaha 1100; ‘99 Honda Valkyrie; ‘01 Suzuki Burgman(triked); ‘02 Honda GL 1800(triked); ‘10 Spyder RTSE; ‘11 Spyder RTSM; ‘12 Spyder RTSL (pair); ‘20 Spyder RTL (current)

Spyder Garage
    2020 RT Limited in the ultra cool Deep Marsala Dark edition.

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).
    Maintained by Lou at Pirate Powersports.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MRH View Post
    That is exactly what I was thinking of when I saw the title of this thread.

And, ... I have gone by that sign MANY times.

HER ride:
    2017 RT-S SE6 Pearl White

My rides:
    2000 Honda GL1500SE
    1980 Suzuki GS850G

Spyder Garage

GRINDER is mine. I'm in a club that gives you your road name. It's usually based on a faux pas or a characteristic. In my case, it's because I do a damn good job of sharpening knives, and I'm very humble about it. I take my machine to club picnics and sharpen for the members at only $1 each and the money goes into the treasury. I keep a sharpening steel in my frunk for touching up the edges of riders' pocket, clip and hunting knives. I have no idea why they call me Grinder, but I'll go along with them.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome