Spyder Garage

Default Suspension Fault light.... Fault code C210A

August 24, 2021
    I was riding tonight at about 50 mph and the SUSPENSION FAULT light lit up on the dash and showed a yellow exclamation mark. I stopped the bike and looked around and saw nothing out of place. I restarted the bike and nothing showed up all the way home. What might do that ?

Motogordo

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Motogordo View Post
    August 24, 2021
    I was riding tonight at about 50 mph and the SUSPENSION FAULT light lit up on the dash and showed a yellow exclamation mark. I stopped the bike and looked around and saw nothing out of place. I restarted the bike and nothing showed up all the way home. What might do that ?

Motogordo
    " SUSPENSION FAULT " .... are you referring to the " VSS " warning signal ?????? ..... if so, I wouldn't worry about it. ..... I have had hundreds of VSS warnings and they go away after what triggered them stops ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

August 25, 2021

I just got back from another ride and the SUSPENSION FAULT came on with the yellow exclamation mark. It always comes on during the return trip. I will have to call the dealer tomorrow.

Spyder Garage

Yeah, I know this one isn't ( or is it??) relatively new & for some, all this should be covered by warranty; but new or not, we all know how many BRP Dealers treat Spyder owners as second class citizens, relegating their Spyder warranty work &/or fault correction/maintenance work to the lowest priority in the shop, but ONLY once they've taken your Spyder hostage & got it locked away somewhere!!! . So in the interests of avoiding you losing your Spyder & potentially a bunch of ryding time while it sits around completely neglected somewhere in the back of the dealer's yard getting covered by dust & other crap as it waits for a couple of months until the dealer/tech finally remembers it's there and bothers to think about doing something with it....

Have you checked to make sure that the ride levelling height monitor sensor lever is still connected properly?? . Loose or completely missing bolts down where that connects to the swing arm (it's all tucked well up inside the belt so you've gotta be a contortionist to even see in there, let alone get your fingers on the bolts to check for tightness! ) can give you these intermittent suspension faults....

The height monitoring sensor lever needs to be properly connected and responding to the changes as the suspension articulates, and if it only does that some of the time or even not at all, then the myriad number of tiny complaints that get sent to the computer eventually add up to the warning you see! But the moment you turn the ignition off, that warning is wiped from active memory and stored in the service history waiting for your service tech to check & review it!! So DON'T TURN THE ENGINE OFF when you see this warning indicator &/or suspension fault msg next! . Instead, leave it running, or at least with the ignition still on, and check for active codes immediately. Then tell us what the code is so we can see if we can help!!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-25-2021 at 08:28 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

August 27, 2021

Where do you locate the active codes. I did speak to the dealer service department and they said you should be okay if you just see the exclamation mark. They can take it in next week to check it out and I will probably be ready for the 3,000 mile service. Thank you for the information Peter.
    August 27, 2021
    I found the codes and it read C210A. I just called the dealer to make sure it is okay to ride. It goes on after about 40 minutes of riding. It shows suspension fault and the orange exclamation point.
    Last edited by Motogordo; 08-27-2021 at 12:41 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default Fault code C210A ( suspension fault )

August 27, 2021

What does this code represent ?

Spyder Garage

August 27v, 2021

I was at the dealer today and the suspension fault and the orange exclamation point showed up. I now know how to find the codes. It was C210A ... The fault comes on after about a half hour of driving.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Motogordo View Post
    August 27v, 2021

I was at the dealer today and the suspension fault and the orange exclamation point showed up. I now know how to find the codes. It was C210A ... The fault comes on after about a half hour of driving.
    WHY ?????? ..... Mike

Spyder Garage
    2021 RT LTD Petrol Blue DARK delivered 9/22/20
    New Engine @ 500 miles 4/8/21 - 5/21 due to oil leak in block
    https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...400-miles-HELP
    2018 RT-L , Blue

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Hi Gordo. Yeah, I sense your frustration. There is only a handful of threads about this over the past couple of years. That ^^^^^^^^^^ is one. It shouldn't be like this. There's not a whole lot you can do on your own to troubleshoot this. You can look under the left side at that sensor with the articulated linkage, and check to see if the linkage is connected to the swing arm. If it isn't, you can connect it yourself or take it back to the dealer and rub their nose in it. If it's not the sensor, the fix appears to be calibrating / entering the proper settings into the system with the dealer's BUDS software. Of course, they have to first know what they're doing. Looking back at your posts on this, your dealer appears clueless. Maybe go to another dealer? You're under warranty so keep pushing.

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238

Spyder Garage

circle.jpg

Bluewoo likes and thanks himself for his post's
    2021 RT LTD Petrol Blue DARK delivered 9/22/20
    New Engine @ 500 miles 4/8/21 - 5/21 due to oil leak in block
    https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...400-miles-HELP
    2018 RT-L , Blue

Spyder Garage

Had the same fault code - ended up that the air bag had a hole in it and had to be replaced.
    2021 S2S , Green

Spyder Garage

I just spoke to a Spyder owner the other day and he found that one of the air lines was pinched and had a small hole in it. Might want to check that also.

It was also a Sea to Sky
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue