Very Active Member redneck diva's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default 2021 F3 Limited seat removal

i just recently brought home my 2021 F3 Limited. I have a sheepskin cover i want to install on it. does anyone know how to remove the driver seat??
    Redneck Diva

Member of the Southern Cruisers Riding Club Chapter #213--
    Central Georgia
    Proud PGR rider

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My Manual said to use the key to pop off the passenger seat then use a 10mm socket to remove the two bolts holding the rider seat.

8414667F-79DD-447B-B1E1-496DE88A4C7C.jpg
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Flamewinger View Post
    My Manual said to use the key to pop off the passenger seat then use a 10mm socket to remove the two bolts holding the rider seat.
    Yep………and when you are using the 10mm socket, I would advise holding a telescopic magnet next to the bolt. It is very easy to accidentally drop the bolt into the “black hole”, never to be seen again, Diva

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

……..oh….and when putting the rear seat back on, make sure its two front arms are lined up perfectly with the receptacles in the front seat……it can be a real bear.
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Yep………and when you are using the 10mm socket, I would advise holding a telescopic magnet next to the bolt. It is very easy to accidentally drop the bolt into the “black hole”, never to be seen again, Diva

Pete
    i wrap tape around the socket and the extension so it cant come off,,, easy/peasy
    2020 F3 limited, liquid titanium
    grip puppies
    Bajaron sway bar
    lamonster belt dampener
    battery tender
    19 in freedom tinted windshield
    matte black daytona frunk wrap
    Quadtrac 165/60's

Spyder Garage

We have a 2021 F3L that for some reason came with plastic pushpins where the 10mm bolts should be. I've since corrected that issue. If you find that yours came with the push pins, you'll need to buy two nutplates and bolts. I got them at the local hardware for far less than it would have cost to drive to the dealer to have them put them on.
    2020 RT Limited Deep Marsala Chrome

2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfixer View Post
    We have a 2021 F3L that for some reason came with plastic pushpins where the 10mm bolts should be. I've since corrected that issue. If you find that yours came with the push pins, you'll need to buy two nutplates and bolts. I got them at the local hardware for far less than it would have cost to drive to the dealer to have them put them on.
    Hmmmmmmm. I imagine it would be a bit testing to get pushpins out in that space, Jetfixer.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfixer View Post
    I'm guessing the reason was a cost saving measure.
    2018 F3 Limited , Black/Chrome