Spyder Garage

Default Error Code P1174 (updated, read incorrectly as 1176 initially)

99% sure that was the error code that my 2013 Spyder ST threw today (1 day after getting it back from being in the dealer for a month to fix the Check Engine Lean Bank code (replaced the Purge Valve)). I have been looking but can't find that code referenced and would like to see if I can address this solo instead of sending it back in for another month.. I have a warranty but @#!$ I want to ride while I still can!

Anybody have the info on P1176?
    2021 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Maybe not the latest info, but my Spyder Codes listing returns P1176 - Error Code not found for 2013 ST...
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Well… crap! Haha

I might have misread it and of course now I can’t see it
    2021 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Looked in BUDS using a 2013 ST demo file. P01176 is not a valid code.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Looks like it's back to the dealership for me to get the codes read

If it's the same lean bank error that was popping before I think I may try to do the Canister-ectomy and replace the vacuum lines.. see if that solves it since the Dealership was pretty much out of ideas when they replaced the purge valve after doing multiple weeks of diagnostics
    2021 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Yep - I read it wrong. P1174 was the code which is related to a Lean Bank. This is the same error code that they chased for the last month ending in the replacement of the purge valve.

so - in reading the forums there is a lot of talk about vacuum lines possibly solving this. I am curious if the canister-ectomy would possibly assist with P1174? Has anybody on here actually solved that intermittent error code?
    2021 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

I googled the code and found this:
    P1176 Description Rear O2S Correction Limit Obtained is the generic description for the P1176 code, but the manufacturer may have a different description for your model and year vehicle.

Read more: https://www.autocodes.com/p1176.html

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MrSchaefer View Post
    Yep - I read it wrong. P1174 was the code which is related to a Lean Bank. This is the same error code that they chased for the last month ending in the replacement of the purge valve.

so - in reading the forums there is a lot of talk about vacuum lines possibly solving this. I am curious if the canister-ectomy would possibly assist with P1174? Has anybody on here actually solved that intermittent error code?

Curious as well unfortunately still getting codes & check engine light intermittently. (Has calmed down {but not gone}not using Shell 93) Purge valve & silicon hoses ;no canister-ectomy
    Yet, hopefully it will be a fix still too many irons in fire to try at moment

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MrSchaefer View Post

P1174 Lean Bank 2 - rear cylinder. So, since you asked and trying to keep this brief - the entire evaporative emissions control system on the 998 - meaning the canister / purge valve, etc system, only taps into the engine using the rear cylinder intake manifold. The system draws off engine vacuum every time the purge valve opens to purge the canister. Essentially, it's an installed vacuum leak. If there are any marginal issues with the fuel injection system, purge valve system, vacuum hoses, etc, operation of this system pushes the limit and you'll get the lean code. That's why a canisterectomy does so much to help this situation. It eliminates the vacuum leak plus any other negative effects from what the purge valve is sucking into the engine.

And yes, you want to replace the vacuum hoses to the MAP sensor. That problem is not only creating another pathway for a vacuum leak, but will also affect the fuel delivery operation of the injection system because it affects the output of that sensor. And if you do the canisterectomy, just go ahead and replace the fuel filter. It's right there, and you already have 8 years on it. It's not always about the mileage.

Periodic treatment with an injector cleaner also appears to help. There are those that claim anything like that is just snake oil. I respectfully disagree. Many use Seafoam or Techron.
    I have taken a liking to the Lucas Injector Cleaner. Just get the small, 5 oz. bottle, and dump the whole thing into a full tank once or twice a year. Then go out and run it. Don't baby it. I also add the Lucas Ethanol treatment, as directed, at every fill up. The only issues I've had in 10 years is when I get bad gas from some out of the way station. Probably water.

Be safe out there.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238

Spyder Garage

I just had my 2011 repaired for that code and the P01171. I had cracked intake boots. They did replace my purge valve and cannister. I had already replaced the MAP sensor lines. I also had a bad stator replaced also. If the dealer has not checked the intake boots, I would have them checked. Bruce
    New to Sue and I
    2021, LTD, Asphalt Gray, 22,000 miles
    Gone but not forgotten
    RTS 2011 SM5, 95,000 miles

Spyder Garage

Day 3 after the Canister-ectomy.. no gas smell in the garage and, so far, no Check Engine Light. If it makes it to the end of the week without the CEL coming back I'll call that a success. Still going to address the MAP sensor vacuum lines as a preventative but wanted to let this one settle for a bit to see if it addressed the P1174 error.

I posted a video of the canister removal for the Spyder ST in the How-To.
    https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...on-a-Spyder-ST
    2021 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

431705ED-89AD-4DA5-875C-1D8E7ACB4188.jpg

Well crap - CEL is back on again, same lean bank warning. I’m going to swap out the vacuum lines on the MAP sensor.. anything else I should try?
    2021 F3-T , Pearl White