Spyder Garage

Default Our ride to the Great River Road

We had a great trip to The Great River Road with Susanne Thorson - Preuss, William Preuss. Sunday the 15th we rode to Wabasha, MN. Met Sue and Bill. Ate dinner at Slippery's, in Wabasha. On the 16th, we rode MN Hwy 60, west to Zumbrota, MN, then up to Red Wing. Spent time exploring Red Wing. Had a great lunch in Red Wing. Then rode over to Wisconsin 35 and headed to La Crosse, WI. We stopped at the Maiden Rock Cidery and Winery. Stopped at various scenic overlooks along the river. No ride on The Great River Road, is complete without a stop at the Nelson Creamery, Nelson, WI. for ice cream. Usually we pick up cheese curds, but not enough room on the Spyder for a cooler. From Nelson we rode to LaCrosse, WI and spent the night. Had a great dinner, outside at Moxies, the restaurant at the Americinn. On Monday the 17th, we had breakfast at McDonald's. After breakfast, we said our goodbyes and Sue and Bill headed east, and we headed west on I90. The weather was perfect for all three days and out Spyder F3L performed perfectly. The video is time lapsed to condense the ride.
    Screen Shot 2021-08-18 at 7.58.26 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-08-18 at 7.56.29 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-08-18 at 7.57.16 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-08-18 at 7.58.05 AM.jpg
    David Petrick
    Certified Professional Photographer
    2020 Limited Dark , Magma Red Black

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the video and the write up of your trip. I gave always wanted to ride that road,maybe one day. I liked your map. I am looking foeward to seeing more of your ride photos.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Great ride.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Never been to that part of the country but now I have! Very pretty. Thanks for the tour..... Jim
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Last Fall rode up to just north of ST. Louis from Kentucky and followed river up to about southern part of Minnesota. A couple of years ago was at the very beginning of the river at Lake Ithaca. About a year or so ago was at the southern tip of the river in Venice, LA. when road stopped.

Spyder Garage

I was in that beautiful area 2 years ago visiting a friend in the Mnpls area. I travel in a toy hauler motorhome, and at that time I had my Polaris Rzr side x side with me. I camped for the night at Maiden Rock Village Park, and started reading about this Great River Road. I really wanted to take my AZ road-licensed Rzr down that road, but the local LEO said it was not legal for that road in Wisconsin. Oh how I wished that I had brought my Ryker on that trip
    I learned my lesson, and on my big road trip last year to the East coast, I made sure my Ryker was tucked in the garage