Spyder Garage

Default Chasing info on gas door? E-bay Part No?

A while back some one posted the part number for the gas door, I bought it on ebay about 3 years ago. I have a comfort seat I am looking to install the door on, can any of you guys remember the part number? Thanks.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-22-2021 at 10:57 PM. Reason: Title clarification

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mosess01 View Post
    A wihile back some one posted the part number for the gas door, i bought it on ebay about 3 years ago. I have a comfort seat i am looking to install the door on, can any of you guys remember the part number. thanks.
    So the one you bought 3 years ago is not available to use ???? ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

okay ill try and find another.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mosess01 View Post
    A wihile back some one posted the part number for the gas door, i bought it on ebay about 3 years ago. I have a comfort seat i am looking to install the door on, can any of you guys remember the part number. thanks.
    There is no "part number' for a generic aftermarket product...
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    There is no "part number' for a generic aftermarket product...
    Aw contrair ( ? ) .... I had one listed in my E-bay acct. and I PM'd Him with it ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

https://www.ebay.com/itm/114221873936

This is the one I just used for my seat on a 2016 RT. It has a 6 1/4" overall diameter.IMG_3058.jpgIMG_3060.jpg

This is the one that Mike, Blueknight911, found for me, and PM'd to me.

2022 Spyder RT Limited Sea to Sky Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

You did a really nice instal. ....................thanks for posting .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Yes george that is a cool install. guys thanks i am only doing this because i have a comfort seat that needs a new door and then ill put it up forsale. i sold my bike so i have a few items to let go..cleanup time and get ready for the 22 when ever it arrives....

Spyder Garage

So, do you have a comfort seat for sale.

Spyder Garage

RUGER BEAR , Yes i have one, real cheap if i dont have to install the gas door. it evan has the back rest bracket on it....

Spyder Garage

George123---how bout a lil install info....asking for a friend
    2012 RTL 14 RTS , Pearl White @ Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by davev1pa View Post
    George123---how bout a lil install info....asking for a friend
    I have posted the info on " how to " a few times ....recently " Utah Pete " had a thread going about it .... I added to His thread based on how I did mine as a Vendor ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

As Mike said there are several threads on it. Just do a search for fuel door and it will bring up these:

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ight=fuel+door

George

2022 Spyder RT Limited Sea to Sky Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by george123 View Post
    As Mike said there are several threads on it. Just do a search for fuel door and it will bring up these:

George
    Thanks for those LINKS George ...... and not to dis-paridge what " Utah Pete " has posted about " how to do this " ..... If I had done it His way it would have taken HOURS to do ..... I could put one on in about 45 min. .... No need to dis-assemble the door and ring .... no need for a template ....Just place the ENTIRE door ( ring & door cover ) against the side of the seat .... you don't even have to measure it , just leave about 1/2inch top & bottom and your in the right spot ..... while holding the ring / cover against the seat, use a soldering iron or HOT nail and melt a hole in the SEAT material using the top and bottom holes in the ring ( only the material needs the hole , not the pan )..... now open the seat - block it up with a towel or something and hold the gas door back against the seat where you melted the holes... it's now safe to use a 1/4 bit and drill those two holes .... Put a 1 1/2 in. long X 1/4 in bolt in both those holes. evenly tighten both bolts with nuts ( reg. not lok type )..... this will slowly and evenly compress the RING to the seat ..... I learned NOT to use the the two holes on the right upper side holes .... because the bolts would have to be about two inches long, because of the shape of the PAN .... I used two of the small ones that the vendor sends with the door , basically they are FAKE .... now you can melt the rest of the holes and safely drill them also. .... for final attachment I used " T " nuts inserted from the inside ... I have a 4 1/2 in. Angle grinder and made the prongs smaller , you can just bend three ( or all ) of them over with pliers.... or drill a very small hole on the flat part so you can push a small nail, into the plastic seat pan to keep the T nut from rotating while you tighten the Machine Screws that hold the ring on the seat .... Now this method may sound like way more work than what " Utah " did, but trust me, I did it as a Vendor and I needed to do it as quickly as possible..... PS, the " T " nuts will fit flush against the seat Pan and NOT rub against the painted panel under the seat .... good luck .... Mike ....