Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RICZ View Post
    The last two are the bike of my dreams, a mid 1980s Italian Morbidelli 850cc V8 with an engine designed by Ferrari. Now that's fine art!

Stunning!!!

Spyder Garage

Default Northwest Georgia - Cave Spring July 2021

Nobody yelled at me to shut up or told me my peechurs are stupid yet, so howabout some Day 'trippin'?

I decided to go grab a photo tag last month! Ended up traipsing all over NW Georgia. Photo tagging is simply copying a location shot of your bike, based on someone else's picture of their bike; the current 'tag'. You then get to move the tag to another location and photograph your bike in front of a new landmark--and someone else has to come along and steal the tag from you! Fun reason to get out and ride and shoot.

Long story short, I got Bruced by @rdbonds. Nicely played, my friend. Those of you who have never heard of it; getting Bruced is when between when you leave your house and when you get to the photo tag location, someone else grabs and posts the tag--usually by a guy named Bruce.

This was the tag!

...to no avail. RD instead made me chase him to Cave Spring, GA. And oh, some nice riding in the area. I hadn't seen any bikes all morning... until I got to Cave Spring--and then I think I saw 40-50.

Spyder Garage

Default Northwest Georgia - Cave Spring July 2021 cont'd

This is the tag I ended up successfully grabbing.

Georgia School for the Deaf is Georgia's only residential school serving Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing students. GSD was established in 1846 on the grounds of the Hearn Academy by one of its teachers, O. P. Fannin. A log cabin and a $5000 legislative grant began a more than a 170-years-long tradition of service to children across the state.

GSD has an expansive campus of 480 acres in the small community of Cave Spring. The relationship between Cave Spring and GSD is unique because many residents and business owners are able to communicate with American Sign Language. Nice tag, RD.

This school means a lot of children in Georgia don't have to face this alone >>

...poetic, huh? I turned around and that picture was just 'there'.

Spyder Garage

And then I found the bikers...

And outside of town, I found The Trail of Tears... and a Hollow.

Spyder Garage

I've got a riding buddy goes by Red Bud. Someone posted a street sign one time for Red Bud Lane--I'm looking for more Red Bud Lane street signs for him. This is the closest I've come yet...

Then I went and grabbed the new tag >>

I'm sure it's not the first time the Knucklehead has been tagged--but it's the first time by ME!

How cool is that

Wouldn't want to be parked where this silver cross-over is parked on a burn-out night... just sayin'.

So, this was my day that day!

Spyder Garage

Default Aug Photo Tag - Day Trippin' NW Georgia

I decided to grab the camera and go get some photo tags, one off a forum--and one from a Facebook group. First I fueled up Charlotte, and then I fueled myself up.

First I had to go looking for cannon fire. None to be found today--although the last time I was here, there was cannon fire and tent and soldiers everywhere.

Hmmm, don't remember this sign last time.

And a little PSA >>

Spyder Garage

Default Aug Photo Tag - Day Trippin' NW Georgia cont'd

A little bit of Kennesaw Mountain history, much more online >>

The park was built by the Conservation Corps during the 1930's. During the Great Depression, Kennesaw Mountain National Battlefield Park was the site of Camp Brumby, a Civilian Conservation Corps site (CCC). The Civilian Conservation Corps was created as a part of President Franklin D. Roosevelt's New Deal programs to aid the American public in the recovery from the Great Depression. The federal government provided the men with food, clothing, shelter and tools. There were over 4,000 CCC camps in the then 48 states and the men worked 40 hours a week, earning $30 dollars a month (a lot of money at the time), $25 of which was sent home.

https://www.nps.gov/kemo/index.htm

Spyder Garage

I then went to Jasper, GA, to pick up the Georgia Tag Game location, here >>

There were a bunch of busy bees buzzing about, literally. No, not this one

These!

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/pw...-no?authuser=0

Very tiny library

Spyder Garage

The other note-worthy stop of the day was at Traxxion Dynamics. Many of you have had suspensions built or re-built by them over the years. I know I have. Before living in Atlanta, to be certain.

https://traxxion.com/

They rebuilt my Elkas a few years ago.

Then, the long way home. Thanks for taggin' along.

Spyder Garage

Default Aug Photo Tag - Urban Tag Atlanta

Joy of joys! I discovered an urban tag-o-rama in Atlanta. Hasn't been touched in over a year. Let's resurrect that!

I had to find this really kewl headstone. I'm gonna ask Mrs. Malibu if I can have one someday!

TAG!

I saw a couple neckin' on a bench. Maybe they thought this was just a really quiet park. I didn't try to explain it to them...

This one was a portal!

How shallow a depth of field can I get... :wink:

I found me some good words to ride by!

"I count none but sunny hours..."

Spyder Garage

Urban tagging means...

Spyder Garage

Default Sunday, Aug 29, 2021 - More NW Georgia Taggin'

I decided to get an early start today to grab the GaTOR (Georgia Tag-o-rama) tag, up in Calhoun, GA. I mean early early... It was still dark out.

All for a nice run to here >>

I bet it had a hella recoil.

Any former artillery men around here?

Don't cut the red wire! What ever you do!

American Legion Riders chapters are well known for their charitable work, which has raised hundreds of thousands of dollars for local children's hospitals, schools, veterans homes, severely wounded servicemembers and scholarships. Since 2006, Riders nationwide have participated in The American Legion Legacy Run to annually raise money for the Legacy Scholarship Fund, established to provide scholarships to children of U.S. military personnel killed since Sept. 11, 2001.

The Riders began with a spark of inspiration in 1993 from post commander, Chuck "Tramp" Dare from Garden City, MI, and Bill "Polka" Kaledas. More about people with nicknames in a little bit.

https://www.legion.org/riders

...to be cont'd

Spyder Garage

Default Sunday, Aug 29, 2021 - NW Georgia cont'd

Where to take the tag to...? Let's head for the woods!

I did a little of this >>

Saw some nature.

Some got on me...

I did NOT go into this buckshot riddled building...

Nor this building.

A very nice state park. Named after James "Sloppy" Floyd; a state representative for a couple decades starting back in the 1950's. According to an Atlanta Magazine, Sloppy Floyd may have been on the wrong side of history--but I'll leave that to you to decide on your own.

Who the Hell is Sloppy Floyd? ~Altlanta Magazine

Regardless, it's a beautiful state park. I never made it to the jewel in it's crown, the waterfall at Marble Mine. I guess I have a reason to go back

Spyder Garage

Default Sept 5, 2021 - North Central Georgia

Seems of late, Day Trippin' for me means Photo Tagging! It's okay, it combines two of my favorite things.

I sometimes mash up photage taggin' between ADV and a facebook group. To be honest, the facebook crowd ain't exactly gittin' the who phototaggin' thing--but I keep trying to inspire them.

North Georgia Tag-o-rama was here >>

Not exactly a mecca of bikers--but it was definitely panic inducing if you have become crowd adverse in the current global climate. Wow, peoples love them some beaver at Buc-ee's. Their logo is a beaver, you filthy minded ol' farts.

Facebook tag was here >>

Now THIS stop made for some bike pron pics!!!

All kinds of bikes! Fat ones, skinny ones, ones that climb on rocks!

I've been to Rocco's a half dozen times over the last I don't know few years, and I swear I've seen this bike there multiple times. This day I finally had my camera along!!

Oh, wait! This is bike is mine! >>

It's impossible to keep yourself out of the reflections of a chrome beast! Where's Dan?

to be cont'd

Spyder Garage

Once again, your post is a delight to my eyes. Keep 'em coming.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Default Sept 5, 2021 - North Central Georgia cont'd

And I took the tag here >>>

Looks like a jailbreak is imminent.

So, as most of you know, the Can-Am has a Can-Bus system, similar to the European bikes, and many Harleys starting back in 2011. One of the niggles of these systems is when they throw an error code which can be from a simple voltage drop in the systems. Can-Am is quick to go into "Limp Home Mode" as my display started squawking at me mid-way through the day. Except, unlike the actual limp home mode that usually accompanies the code, Charlotte kept running like a top. Time to chase voltage gremlins and see if I lost a sensor (very possible) or if I have a small drain from some plug-in. My accessories all run through a separate bus with it's own fuses and regulators--but it could even be a cell starting to go on the AGM battery. Ordered a pretty new digital multi-meter to play with. Until next time...

Made it home, with only fake Limp Home Mode.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RICZ View Post
    Once again, your post is a delight to my eyes. Keep 'em coming.
    Thanks, Ricz! I appreciate you sayin' that!!

Spyder Garage

I just learned a new game. I had never heard of Tag O Rama. Thanks Dan and another good story.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    I just learned a new game. I had never heard of Tag O Rama. Thanks Dan and another good story.
    Sometimes called "Photo tagging," "Tag-O-Ramas," or just "Tags". Need to typically be grounded in a local or regional thread, enjoy!

Spyder Garage

I am going to do a search for that in Utah. Thanks again

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Angry Limp Home Mode

Well, digging into the error code Charlotte is throwing, P0340 >> Camshaft Position Sensor... YAY!

Let's make sure we're not just having a problem with electrical/voltage drops:
    Battery, 12.83v

Check the F8 CAPS fuse, continuity tonality 'beep'

Let's gut some of the other 'things' hanging off the wiring harness--still have the trailer wiring harness installed even though I sold the trailer a year ago...

wiring enema complete

Unhooked all the fuses (run through a separate switching bus) for all other lights, and accessory plugs. Still throwing the code. Here's where the internet fails me... some folks seem to think error codes magically go away when the offending item is exorcised, some seem to think a dealer has to reset the code. I'm barely a shade-tree mechanic. What do I know. How to reset a code myself?? Any other vehicle in my driveway I can reset with a $30 code monitor--the Can-Am requires a BUDS diagnostics gizmo for $700 plus some more Benjamin's for the annual license codes. I know, I know--you wanna play, you gotta...

So, back to the interwebs. It used to be for a Can-Am ECU kick in the pants, you had to pull your 'puter and send it off to some wizard in a tower somewhere and hand them a bunch of money and they'd send you back an enchanted performance chip.

Dynojet and Fuel Moto to the rescue. We can now plug a programmer into our Spyders to satisfy our lust for a little better seat o' the pants experience--but also reset it back to factory default at any time if we want to as well. Fuel Moto also gives you a lifetime of reprogramming fuel maps if you mod your Spyder in the future--so I sent a note to Fuel Moto, and asked if the PV3 would ALSO allow me to reset error codes. Lucas said "Yes!" He's never lied to me before, so...

If nothing else, I get a little more zoom zoom...

Spyder Garage

Got mah birthday present, zoom zoom

Oh, and I found the camshaft position sensor at a dealership about an hour away... should be back rolling again this weekend! I had ordered it online, but it came back "back-ordered"

Spyder Garage

New camshaft position sensor installed, code reset within 10 sec of idling. Had to cut off a plastic bracket because it was in the way. Hope I don't miss that later in life.

But then a disappointment. I have to wait for Dynojet to send over an adapter for the PV3. It was supposed to be in the box--because sometimes our Canadian brothers at the mothership Can Am wire the diagnostic port one way--and sometimes they wire it another. Can't wait to flash it, baby. More to come.

Spyder Garage

Yeaaaa, baby.

Spyder Garage

I like it.