Thread: Hi Ladies!!!!!!

Spyder Garage

Cool Hi Ladies!!!!!!

Hi!
    I am still looking for my new to me Spyder and super excited. I am trying to have most burnign questions answered here in these forum ages.
    I am leaning towards RT ( limited) as I do love creature comforts and planning cross country rides. The abiliyt to ride a passenger or tow lightly important for any human or my small four legged companion. As for new or used I am stuck prices all over the place and unsure if 990 or 1330 is better. Any suggestions or experience ( I have yet to read on the forum) is helpful
    I look forward to joining you all!

I am in VA by the way!

I do have Soprt Tourer & awaiting my new Honda CT125. Adventure around the corner!!!

Spyder Garage

Although I appear to look male and also strongly identify as one, I have some suggestions for you to consider.....
    + Shop for a 1330 as parts and service are beginning to disappear for the 998.
    + If buying used (pre 2020) and you are long legged, you will find the F3T & L have more stretch out room.
    + If buying new, the 2020 / 2021 RT is greatly improved over previous models and has more leg room to boot.
    + Going back to pre 2020 models; the F3 is much easier to work on and service that the Tupperware clad RT.
    + You sit higher on an RT and lower on a F3.
    + Both series accept the same trailer hitch arrangements.
    + Whatever model you zero in on, ride it first. RTs and F3s are quite different in many ways.
    I will let others take over from here. Good luck with you search.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by msfitnetz View Post
    Hi!
    I am still looking for my new to me Spyder and super excited. I am trying to have most burnign questions answered here in these forum ages.
    I am leaning towards RT ( limited) as I do love creature comforts and planning cross country rides. The abiliyt to ride a passenger or tow lightly important for any human or my small four legged companion. As for new or used I am stuck prices all over the place and unsure if 990 or 1330 is better. Any suggestions or experience ( I have yet to read on the forum) is helpful
    I look forward to joining you all!

I am in VA by the way!

I do have Soprt Tourer & awaiting my new Honda CT125. Adventure around the corner!!!

Welcome to this site!

I would suggest going with a 2014 spyder module and up, ( it has the 1330 Ace Engine) : the 2014 spyder modules and up have the new Rotax 1330 Ace high torque engine. Which gives the RT a unique blend of elegance and power. They also improved heat management by doubling radiator capacity and moving the front A-arms -away from the rider and passenger. The fans include a reverse mode that blows hot air away from the rider when traveling at a slower speed. That ensures more comfort for both the driver and passenger.

The new Rotax 1330 Ace engine is configured with 3 in-line cylinders. It produces high torque response in every gear and 40% more low-end torque. But torque doesn't come at the cost of fuel economy or CO emissions,Ride up to 252 miles at 62 mph on a one tank of gas. On the top of that ride more and spend less, thanks to low vehicle maintenance. The engine is very quite.

You can cruise around town comfortably at 3,300 RPMs with the outstanding ride of this new 6 speed transmission. The ride is smooth for you ( the driver)and a passenger or any small four legged companion.You have plenty of power to even tow a trailer. It also has a long-ratio sixth gear and new hydraulic clutch activation system with electronic pressure controls. Pass through town without downshifting. But the machine will downshift for you when you need to.

The 1330 also has ABS brakes, Traction Control, Stability Control, Semi Automatic Transmission, Dynamic power steering, Reverse, Cruise control, AM/Fm radio with Ipod integration cable and 4 speakers ,power outlet 12,V, electronic brake system, Bluetooth capabilities, heated hand grips for the driver and passenger, parking brake ( electronic) Adjustable windshield, ( on the fly). Also, adjustable shocks ( SACHS) the RT includes new shocks from SACHS, one of the premier manufacturers in the business. The shocks build upon optimum suspension geometry and create an incredible new standard. They feature a bigger piston diameter and better damping capacity , which give you more comfort on bumpy, back country roads. These can be adjusted on the fly( while on the road).

Also, the RT has a 1200- watt alternator which gives you 85% more power for your electronic accessories. A total capacity of 1200 W, instead of the previous maximum of 650 W, lets you enjoy more accessories on your Spyder RT.

Optimize your shifting behavior with the new ECO mode smart assist. Combined with the fuel efficiency of the Rotax 1330 Ace Engine and the new 6 speed transmission. It reduces your fuel consumption on long trips.

It also has a new comfort seat with a lunbar support. It relaxes the riders knees and upper body,making it perfect for all types of riders regardless of height. It's also "driver back rest" ready, so a fold able , color matched backrest can easily be added.

My first spyder was a 2012 RTS-SE5 traded up to my current spyder 2014 RTS-SE6. I love it. I am 5ft 7 inches tall, I am comfortable on my spyder. It has 28,000 miles plus on it.

Check on this site in the "Four Sale by Owner" category.

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default New Member

Welcome to the Spyder Forum. ....

There are many posts on this Forum. You can read more about the Spyders.
    Do you want a new or used Spyder?
    Look at the 'For Sale Spyders' posted on this Forum for price range.

Do you have local dealer in your area?
    Have you sat on the different models?
    Be sure about this and then take a Demo Ryde.

My wife loves ours '16 RT LIMITED'
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

I too am a creature of comfort as I had an 1800 Goldwing with 150,000 miles on it that I traded in for my 2014 Spyder RT Limited 2 yrs ago that had 6,000 miles (now has 30,000). I went with the RT Limited because I do a lot of riding and plan on cross country rides or up and down country rides. I have taken several passengers on the back of my Spyder and never know that they are there unless they talk with me. I don't plan on towing a trailer but have had to learn how to pack differently from my GW but could easily travel cross country.
    I took a one day course to see what I might need to learn about this bike, and during that time was able to get on and ride around the F3 and ryker and found they definitely weren't for me. As others have stated, look around the For Sale on this site and I know a friend of mine from Fredericksburg, VA finally found what he wanted just this year.
    Maybe I'll meet you on the road, I'm up in VA riding around alot. Good luck

Sandie in
    Louisburg, NC
    2014 RT Limited , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Thank You that was very helpful!

Spyder Garage

Hello All!

I did it ! I an now the proud "new owener" of a 2016 F3!!!

Spyder Garage

Hello All!

Congrats; that's what I have and love it. I've had two previous RT's but the F3T suits me best. You might be interested in the Can Am rally held in Maggie Valley early Oct. Lots of riders show up for this small but interesting rally. Good place to see all types of machines and accessories. https://store.valueaccessories.net/S...istration.aspx
    Two Wheelers from 1963-2011

Three Wheelers:
    2011 RT(Red)
    2014 RT(white)
    2016 F3T(red)
    2022 RT current ride(silver)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Congrats.

Spyder Garage

Hello All!

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default New Spyder Owner

Congratulations on your new to you 2016 Spyder F3.

The wife said that a good year (ours is a 2016 RTL).

LET the Smile Miles Roll. .......

Please post your Spyder Pictures.
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

Depending on where you're located in Va. this one might be pretty close to you.

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...list-of-extras
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Hi,

I hope your enjoying your new ride !!!!!I started off riding a 50 cc scooter, then a 250 Honda rebel, and now a vintage 450 Honda Rebel, but when I want to relax I take the 2015 RT Limited spyder. I got my spyder 2 years ago for my 60th birthday... We have met the best people on Can ams and this year we went to Spyderquest in Lake George NY in the adirondacks.... it was so much fun. Enjoy and ride safe.
    2015 RT Limited , Intense Red Pearl