Spyder Garage

Default Rack for rear of 2021 RT Base model

Hi all, new to the Spyder family, just purchased a 2021 RT Base model. I did not need the upper case or the extra cost of the Limited but I would like to have a rack for the rear deck. I have looked through the forum but have not seen a rack for the RT Base. I am not looking to carry anything heavy, just sometimes it is easier to throw something on a rack with bungees. Has anyone found one that would work and if so, can you share?

BTW, great bunch of information here and seems like everyone is super helpful!

TYIA

Spyder Garage

The linq rack will work great, and you have a wide selection of items to put on the rack
    2021 900 Ace , Black & Gold

Spyder Garage

Mounting a rack on the rear deck might not be feasible. That rack is not very thick and/or solid (take it off and you'll see what I mean). You're better off buying the Linq System. That's what it's made for.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

here is a rear plate with top box install
    https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...highlight=shad

its also just for sale last week..............
    2015 Spyder RT Ltd- bUrp - only add the "U", 2010 Honda NT700V-red,2010 Honda NT700V-silver retired @201,111 miles, 1997 Honda PC800, 1996 Honda PC800, Honda CT500, Honda Shadow 500, 1978 Suzuki GS550, 1973 Suzuki TC125, other assorted smaller bikes, Suzuki TM400

Spyder Garage

Thank you for the quick replies. I will look into the Linq system and going that route.

Appreciate the information.

Active Member SpyderGoldwingOwner's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

My wife has the 2020 base. I bought the oem case The top case is not just a case but a case that locks on & off in 30 seconds, A running light, stop light, blinkers, rear seat back, double charger and two working speakers and mat included. All with one connection.
    2020 Can-Am Spyder RT
    2018 Honda Goldwing DCT

Spyder Garage

No blinkers in top case, but everything else!
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

I am cheap. Very cheap. Also, critical about things I purchase. Of the MANY things that just blow my mind about the 2020 RT (things I hate), I absolutely LOVE the OEM rear case. I got the 2020 RT Base to save money. Then decided I wanted the extra storage. I had purchased the Shad top box but I was on back order for so long I cancelled and bought the OEM from BRP at the sale price last month. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. With the many features mentioned above, the main thing is the amount of added storage space it gives me. It is expensive, to be direct, overpriced. But, everything BRP or Spyder related is, and it is awesome!!! I recommend it over the rack.

My two cents (worth nothing)

Regards,
    Steve
    2020 RT , Chalk White