Spyder Garage

Default 2013 RT radio station changes...

When I bought the bike, there was pre-set stations in it. Most are dead and I want to be able to scan for other stations and lock them in, but even according to the manual, I can't seem to have it scan or have me manually scan for different stations... what gives???

Sad to have a radio that I can't/won't listen too!

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mr62Buick View Post
    When I bought the bike, there was pre-set stations in it. Most are dead and I want to be able to scan for other stations and lock them in, but even according to the manual, I can't seem to have it scan or have me manually scan for different stations... what gives???

Sad to have a radio that I can't/won't listen too!
    There was some discussion about this a few years ago. Do a search for radio preset or tuning or whatever terms you can think of. Also put Finless Bob in the author box. I think he spelled out the best procedure. It has something to do with going into preferences and setting the radio to a different region and then scanning for each of the presets. This fills all the presets with static I believe. Then reset back to US region and scan again. If I remember the radio automatically sets the presets to each preset number. You can't specify what station you want with which preset.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

If I remember correctly, Finless Bob said that to reset the preset stations you must overwrite the existing ones which makes sense to me. So, what you have to do is use the scan function to identify the stations you want to preset and then in increasing frequency order (my personal preference because that's how radio frequency scales are organized) set them beginning with Number 1. Of course once one rides beyond the range of the preset stations the presets are worthless.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S