Spyder Garage

Default 2013 RT with garmin nuvi 665-information on radio stuff needed

On my bike, this has the am/fm/cb option. The radio stations around here are terrible and I want to listen to the satellite app I have on my phone. Is this able to link together? Also, the nuvi 665 was purchased with the bike new and I recently updated the maps for the first time, but was also told the nuvi may also hook up to the radio?? Anyways, what is the best way to get the cell phone (android) to link up to my bike if possible?

Another thing, I would like to talk with others on their bikes, but is that possible using the factory equipment or do I have to get a bluetooth headset???

Spyder Garage

As far as I can tell, the answer is no, you cannot connect your smart phone to your 2013 RT since the RT does not have bluetooth. I have 2013 RT-L and it only has the old style 30-pin iPod connector which works well but you can't connect to newer phones, android or iPhone. I purchased a 30-pin to bluetooth dongle but it does not work with the Spyder, bummer. I have not tried the bluetooth connection between the Zumo660 and my iPhone12 and the RT audio system. I will give it a try one of these days.
    To talk to other riders, I'm not sure what your options are.
    Cheers!
    ‘21 Honda Rebel 1100 DTC Burgundy
    ‘13 Spyder RT-L Pearl White

Spyder Garage

There is a group of us that ride together a fair amount. We all use Sena 50's with the mesh. It allows us to stay in communication even if we get spread out close to a mile between us. Keep in mind the distance is effected by the topography.
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2018 F3 Limited - Intense Red Pearl . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Spyder Garage

Most of the available communicator sets from Sena and Cardo should work to give you your radio and phone. I use an older sena that also has a built in FM radio and I usually use that when I am out. The only time I ever use the built in radio on the bike is if I let the battery run down on the headset. The headset will also talk to the Garmin if it also has bluetooth. I also use earplugs when I ride, but the sound from the Sena sounds fine, even with them in. The earplugs block out most of the obnoxious noise and make for a more peaceful ride.
    2019 BMW C650GT, 2010 Spyder RT-S, 2009 BMW R1200RT,(sold) 2009 Honda Silverwing (Sold), 2009 Kawasaki 500 Vulcan (Sold)

\
    2010 RT SE5 , Black

Spyder Garage

Mr62 Buick
    #1 there are no motorcycle communication systems that will work without some form of headset,wired or Bluetooth.
    #2 to get your music into your factory system you will need a sena SM10 dongle and the correct hook up wire. You can buy them from BRP or for much cheaper from motorcycledave.com a site sponsor and the wire is included. You can also use an older ipod or iphone and control your music from the handlebars with the right wire from BRP. You can get an adapter to go from 30 pin to lightening but I don't know how much controlability you retain. You can also get an android cord but you only have volume control.
    If your GPS is a Zumo 665 it may play thru the radio system but not sure. I don't remember CanAm using Nuvi's. I thought they always used Zumo 660 or 595.
    I am currently using the following SM10 dongle, Zumo 660( came as part of RTL package),SENA 20s Evo. I can bluetooth this headset to my phone,the dongle,or the Zumo. It is also bluetoothed to my wifes SMH10.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks all..

Thanks all. I decided to buy the Sena 50 in the pair.

I found an ebay item from a 7 pin male that plugs onto the trunk plug in to a normal single pin that plugs into my phone in the speaker port. The music from my serius app plays my music over the bike speakers.

If I want to listen to music on my helmet, Then I use the Bluetooth from the phone to the sena.

Looks like I'm going to sell the new stock headphone sets I just bought a few months ago.

Thanks again!