Spyder Garage

Default Air box mod for your Ryker

watch this video to see a cheap air intake mod .

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RLS Exhaust View Post
    watch this video to see a cheap air intake mod .
    I like hidden mods like this.. Still looks factory and better than a big ole tube sticking up in the air and probably works better with an updated filter and tune..

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bottomline2000 View Post
    I like hidden mods like this.. Still looks factory and better than a big ole tube sticking up in the air and probably works better with an updated filter and tune..
    Agree. Opening up the air box won’t help with air induction due to the fact that the filter is the most restrictive part of the air intake system. The mod doesn’t overcome that. He may gain a hp or two with a K&N but that isn’t enough gain for me to hack up my factory air box. Kudos to him for the mod though. My Ryker is fast enough!

Spyder Garage

Biggest issues would be wet weather riding. I'd think about leaving a flap behind the modified intake to direct airflow away from the engine intake.

DO expect a few extra db's due to extra airflow (with a high flow filter) and let's not forget upper engine noise - that twisty air path on the stock box is an intake resonator designed to minimize that. My Royal Star sounded pretty industrial after opening up the stock boxes and developed a right health growl when twisting the throttle. Be interesting to hear how the mod sounds with the stock exhaust ...
    Half a million miles, and I ain't dead yet.

See my album at https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...p?albumid=5190

Spyder Garage

This is better than your old video for the modification.

I keep looking at your carbon exhaust for my ryker, wish you had the sound for it on a video (for the ryker). I saw two other videos, but one was on a 600, and the other they had so much background noise plus I couldn't tell if they put in a baffle. I want louder, but not so loud I have to turn my music to cover the sound at highway speeds.

Spyder Garage

Maybe use a 1" hole saw and drill out a couple holes at a time. Down the road if you tire of the noise, the local hardware store will have some plastic 1" cap plugs to quiet it down.

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

RLS thanks for the new video about the carbon exhaust. I think I will head towards the controlled chaos one. I want it a little louder, but not too loud. Enjoyed the videos, thanks. Hopefully it gets a little bump in speed. Probably ordering it today or tomorrow.