Spyder Garage

Default Add a Ryker Rally to the stable?..

When I'm out on the RT, my head swivels for a look down every gravel road. RT ain't goin there. When I moved to this area in 2004, I bought a Yamaha XT225 to explore those roads as they were discovered. The XT wasn't road worthy enough though and I soon exhausted all the nearby roads. Gave that to my son-in-law.

If the Ryker IS capable and comfortable enough to reach some of the outlying roads it might be just the ticket. Today I did a loop in my pickup that included 20 or so miles of gravel. Nothing there that I wouldn't do on the RT - EXCEPT FOR THE BELT. There are a number of loops around here that can only be completed with 10-40 miles of gravel.

I wouldn't give up the RT. Too many great roads around here, but it seems like the Rally could open a whole new world.

Whaddaya think?
    Head in the game, eyes down the road... 2020RT
    Spyder Tryke Pylot
    2020 RT , Lamonster extender Petrol

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ButterSmooth View Post
    When I'm out on the RT, my head swivels for a look down every gravel road. RT ain't goin there. When I moved to this area in 2004, I bought a Yamaha XT225 to explore those roads as they were discovered. The XT wasn't road worthy enough though and I soon exhausted all the nearby roads. Gave that to my son-in-law.

If the Ryker IS capable and comfortable enough to reach some of the outlying roads it might be just the ticket. Today I did a loop in my pickup that included 20 or so miles of gravel. Nothing there that I wouldn't do on the RT - EXCEPT FOR THE BELT. There are a number of loops around here that can only be completed with 10-40 miles of gravel.

I wouldn't give up the RT. Too many great roads around here, but it seems like the Rally could open a whole new world.

Whaddaya think?
    As far as your post goes we are two peas in a pod. I’m toying with the idea of adding a Ryker Rally to my stable, but don’t want to give up the RTL either. Afraid to mention the idea to my wife I bought a 2021 Honda CT 125 to ride dirt and gravel roads since it needs to be light for me to feel comfortable but it’s not practical as top speed is 45-50 mph. The Honda has 9 miles on it. May sell it and put the proceeds towards a Rally.

Spyder Garage

I agree. Places I would like to go and can't go due to the belt. The big seller for me on the new ones is the cruise control and speaker system. I test drove both early last year when I was going to trade my wifes '13 that she has only rode twice in two years. Really enjoyed the 900 and not shifting gears but I have to have cruise and some music. My full face helmet has bluetooth but I always wear an open face helmet unless my wife is riding her spyder with me. So soon as they come in I'll probably trade in both syders on one ryker.
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by EDBLU View Post
    I agree. Places I would like to go and can't go due to the belt. The big seller for me on the new ones is the cruise control and speaker system. I test drove both early last year when I was going to trade my wifes '13 that she has only rode twice in two years. Really enjoyed the 900 and not shifting gears but I have to have cruise and some music. My full face helmet has bluetooth but I always wear an open face helmet unless my wife is riding her spyder with me. So soon as they come in I'll probably trade in both syders on one ryker.
    CVT transmission controllers and cruise control can fight with each other and you end up with the revs going up and down one way and the gear ratio going the other. My wife's car has a CVT and you can't use cruise control in hilly country or it'll drive you crazy. Maybe Can-Am got it right??..
    Spyder Tryke Pylot

Spyder Garage

we sold our RT and changed to a Ryker 900 (no Rally) for our tours here in Austria/Italy. First is you need longer shocks on the front, she is too low. but they offer that now the 2022 Rally version ! Rest is perfect, much better handling, easier to ride and feels also "stronger and faster" than the RT. If you are not to "heavy" the Ryker has no problem with 2up&luggage .. 20T miles now ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUY2H3oj4f8&t=16s
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Spyder Garage

Another alternative: We recently bought a Kawasaki Mule. Side by side, 4 x 4, high low range, 2 or 4 wheel drive. We have over 50 miles of back roads/gravel. Works like a charm. Would not take any Spyder or Ryker on some of these.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    Another alternative: We recently bought a Kawasaki Mule. Side by side, 4 x 4, high low range, 2 or 4 wheel drive. We have over 50 miles of back roads/gravel. Works like a charm. Would not take any Spyder or Ryker on some of these.
    Already have a Can-Am Outlander for the rough stuff. I need to have street legality to explore ghost towns here...
    Spyder Tryke Pylot

Spyder Garage

Already have a Can-Am Outlander for the rough stuff. I need to have street legality to explore ghost towns here...
    Must be cool to explore Ghost towns! Your lucky!

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Adventurer View Post
    As far as your post goes we are two peas in a pod. I’m toying with the idea of adding a Ryker Rally to my stable, but don’t want to give up the RTL either. Afraid to mention the idea to my wife I bought a 2021 Honda CT 125 to ride dirt and gravel roads since it needs to be light for me to feel comfortable but it’s not practical as top speed is 45-50 mph. The Honda has 9 miles on it. May sell it and put the proceeds towards a Rally.
    Well I took the first step today towards possibly becoming a Ryker Rally owner, I sold my Honda CT 125! Now to tell my wife what I’m thinking! If I never post again you’ll know what happened

Spyder Garage

Greetings! I considered trading my 2015 Harley Limited for a new Limited Spyder but wasn't sure I was ready to switch from two wheels to three, so I compromised and bought a 2021 Ryker Rally and kept the HOG. So far I haven't been back on the Harley yet ;-) but in comparison, I can safely say at this time I don't plan on trading my Harley in just yet.
    2021 Rally , Black

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

My wife is getting her 3 wheeled license next month. I was hoping to convince her to buy a ryker so that I could take it out from time to time. Unfortunately when we got to the dealership, she spotted the F3 Limited first, and that is the one she keeps talking about. So if she goes that route, I will possibly be selling my F3T and picking up the ryker for myself.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    My wife is getting her 3 wheeled license next month. I was hoping to convince her to buy a ryker so that I could take it out from time to time. Unfortunately when we got to the dealership, she spotted the F3 Limited first, and that is the one she keeps talking about. So if she goes that route, I will possibly be selling my F3T and picking up the ryker for myself.
    Do it! My wife just took and passed the 3 wheel course last weekend. We bought her a Ryker Rally in March and she's been riding back roads with me since then. The Ryker is an awesome machine, light and fast. She loves it and she rides dirt roads with me while I’m on my dual sport motorcycle.
    2020 CAN-AM Spyder F3-S Special Series (sold)

2022 CAN-AM Ryker Rally 900

Spyder Garage

You guys are pushing me to the brink...

Now, should I scoop up one of the remaining 2021s or go for the 2022?
    Spyder Tryke Pylot

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

You guys are pushing me to the brink...

Now, should I scoop up one of the remaining 2021s or go for the 2022?
    Snatch up a 2021 while you still can.

Spyder Garage

Why do you prefer the 2021 to the 2022? The 2022 models have some nice improvements. Cruise control, better tires? I am in the same boat-the dealer has 2021 Rallys or ACEs and the 2022 Sport is 2 months out.

Thank you

George