Spyder Garage

Default Austin, TX Dealer

I was wondering if any Spyder owners in Austin has any experience with RideNow Austin or RideNow Georgetown, specifically their service departments. Are their service prices fair? If you make an appointment and show up at the appointed time, do they then tell you that you have to leave the Spyder with them until they can get to it? I've had that problem with another dealer (not in Austin) On the BRP website the Austin dealership they are a "Platinum" dealer and the Georgetown dealer is rated Gold, which we all know doesn't really mean anything when it comes to servicing a Spyder. The bonus for me is that the Austin dealer is only 9 miles from me, and the Georgetown dealer is 20 miles. When I lived in the Northeast, the closest dealer was 55 miles one way, so leaving the Spyder with them made it necessary to have my wife follow me there, then take me back to pick it up when ready. So a 200+ mile trip by car. Any information would be greatly appreciated, and thanks in advance.

EDIT: Also, does anyone know if either dealer has BRP certified techs?
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Guess no one in Austin owns a Spyder.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Ridenow Georgetown has serviced my RTL by appointment and it was done well. I don’t know if the mechanic was certified

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oldguyinTX View Post
    I was wondering if any Spyder owners in Austin has any experience with RideNow Austin or RideNow Georgetown, specifically their service departments. Are their service prices fair? If you make an appointment and show up at the appointed time, do they then tell you that you have to leave the Spyder with them until they can get to it? I've had that problem with another dealer (not in Austin) On the BRP website the Austin dealership they are a "Platinum" dealer and the Georgetown dealer is rated Gold, which we all know doesn't really mean anything when it comes to servicing a Spyder. The bonus for me is that the Austin dealer is only 9 miles from me, and the Georgetown dealer is 20 miles. When I lived in the Northeast, the closest dealer was 55 miles one way, so leaving the Spyder with them made it necessary to have my wife follow me there, then take me back to pick it up when ready. So a 200+ mile trip by car. Any information would be greatly appreciated, and thanks in advance.

EDIT: Also, does anyone know if either dealer has BRP certified techs?
    Every now and then you have to stick your toe in the water to see how cold it is!!! Good Luck!! Let us know what you think
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oldguyinTX View Post
    Guess no one in Austin owns a Spyder.
    More likely, no-one from Austin has read your thread yet; or if they have, they either haven't used those dealers or they didn't want to answer for whatever reason....

Have you tried sticking 'RideNow' in the Search box up on the top left of the page under Lamonster's banner/logo?? Maybe even ticking the 'Search Titles Only' box in the drop down below that search box, then hitting submit? Or you could even go to goggle & put 'site:spyderlovers.com in front of your search string (RideNow?) & giving that a go....
    If you give either of those a shot, then pick a few of the closest/most promising looking titles & have a read of those threads, you might be able to gather some worthwhile or helpful info....

Could be worth a shot while you wait for any Austin Spyder Ryders to chance by, especially if you haven't tried it already.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

I am in Austin. Each of these are separate businesses. "I" prefer GT now, but hate to go to any of them unless absolutely necessary.

The Austin location DOES NOT know how to balance a wheel and even scratched mine. Plus on numerous occasions I've waited multiple hours on simple appointments. The GT one is better, but in no way perfect. They are very short staffed and have a huge number of service jobs in line at all times.

$165/hr is absolutely nuts, too!

Spyder Garage

I purchased my 2020 Spyder RTL from Georgetown. Good people.

Spyder Garage

The Spyder riders I know in Central Texas all go to Coyote Motorsports in Boerne, TX. My friends say that the service and shop there is very good. Yes, it is a bit of a drive for some of them, but hey, if you live in Texas......everything is a bit of a drive! (I only lived there for 70 years...)

O. J.
    Ridin' "Lucille", the MusicMaker
    a 2017 F3 Limited (Pure Magnesium Metallic)
    Wife, Jan, riding "Ruby Jane"
    a 2016 F3-T (Intense Red Pearl)
    2017 F3-Limited , Magnesium (light grey)