Spyder Garage

Default F3-S SM6 Clutch Questions

I have a 2015 F3-S, which I bought about 2 years ago with 2300 miles on it. Essentially it sat in a garage for most of its life until I bought it. It currently has about 12500 miles and I started to notice that shifting gears with the clutch lever pulled in seemed to be a bit more difficult than usual while running. After doing a bit of research, I have noticed that the older SM5s seem to have issues with o-rings leaking in the master cylinder/slave cylinder. Finding information on the SM6 regarding clutch issues is a bit more difficult.

I took the lid off the master cylinder and to my surprise, it was almost empty. I immediately filled it up with DOT 4 and while I had the fluid topped off, I pulled the lever and noticed that it would spring a bubble of fluid out of the master when I let go of the lever. I thought this may have been caused by air in the line, so I bled the system. No bubbles seemed to come out of the slave cylinder but with the master filled, it continues to "burp" when you let go of the lever. This seems like an issue to me as well as the fact that all of the clutch fluid has leaked out somewhere.

There have not been any spots of fluid being dripped so I can only assume it may be in the slave? Am I correct in this thinking? Are there any rebuild kits for either the slave or master cylinder?

Thanks,
    Derrick

Spyder Garage

How much did you bleed it out, a tank full, or did you just stop after a few pumps? After you bleed it, how did it shift?
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

IMO you would be wise to invest $25-30 for an online service manual and follow the instructions therein for servicing the hydraulic clutch system.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

I have a 2015sm6 and it had a terrible hard pull to keep the clutch in. They figured we were Popeye. My dealer put on a vacuum assist on the clutch for free because they claimed I was an old man and it was dangerous? The kit is available IF that is your problem.

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Do you know what the kit number is

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jbauto3 View Post
    Do you know what the kit number is
    https://youtu.be/bQzm4Yt_K5k Here is a video on it. If you search this site there is also a thread on it.

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...+clutch+assist

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!