Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Web attack attempt

Norton threw this up on this Joke Forum thread.

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...935-Senior-Sex

spyderlover alert.jpg

Not sure whose message has the offending link.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Hmmm, it didn't for me?!? And I checked all the posts in the thread and their associated IP's, including those on the report you posted as making the access attempt - none of them showed anything dodgy.... at least not now!

However, there was a spam post with a dodgy link in it posted in that thread a few days back by a (now former ) member a short while back, but it was only live/visible for less than an hour and the thread had no recorded views during that time; and the IP on it came up OK too, so it was obviously a virgin spam IP & a dodgy link...... so maybe Norton detected the link somehow?!?

Still, the thread should be safe enough; do you still get that or any warning when you open/try to open that thread?
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Yep. Just got it again when I opened the thread. One of the messages must have a triplogger.com link embedded. I sent a PM to Anthony but posted this because you can't send a pic in the contact form.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    Yep. Just got it again when I opened the thread. One of the messages must have a triplogger.com link embedded. I sent a PM to Anthony but posted this because you can't send a pic in the contact form.
    That'll get it sorted!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

It was just dlewis's old sig img to mytriplogs which is a non functioning site, it was removed from his sig.
    2018 F3 , Red

Spyder Garage

AnthonyG:
    I don't seem to have access to that forum. Was I a bad boy ?

Permission.JPG
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeWheels View Post
    AnthonyG:
    I don't seem to have access to that forum. Was I a bad boy ?

Permission.JPG
    Not Anthony, but I can help with this one.

No, you're not (well, not necessarily... ) a bad boy &/or haven't been a bad boy, but you haven't yet agreed to the conditions for access to the Joke Forum - you'll only get to see that pop-up when trying to enter that section after you've filled in your date of birth in your User Profile. This link should let you do that:

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...do=editprofile

but if not, you can always click on your Username up in the top bar alongside Welcome & before Notifications, then use/follow the applicable Edit & Save buttons to update your DoB. Tell me if you have any hassles & I can either spell it out step by step or help otherwise.

Once your user-profile records your DoB (but it doesn't necessarily need to display it, just tick the appropriate box to keep it hidden. ) & when that update's all done & saved, you might need to log out & then log back in again (but I really can't recall if that's actually necessary, it's been a fair while since I last looked... ) then when you try to open the Joke Forum from the Main Index page, the Agreement Pop-up should pop up for you to read & agree to; and only then will you be granted access. There's still 'Forum rules' that apply in there, eg. Prefixes are mandatory; but some of the stricter rules re political jokes (but NOT political discussion or argument! ) and 'dirty' jokes are relaxed to allow them amongst consenting adults; while Nudity & flat out Racist Jokes/Racist language &/or terms are still NOT allowed!

Over to you ThreeWheels!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-10-2021 at 06:04 AM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!