Spyder Garage

Default ryker randomly goes back to neutral

First time post here. I love my 2021 Ryker Rally and have really enjoyed reading through the posts. I've run into a problem with my Ryker and I'm wondering if anyone has had a similar problem. About a week ago I was at a stop light and on green I got no response when I tried to accelerate. Engine just didn't respond at all. After a few rolls of the accelerator if finally "caught" and took off. I thought I had installed some fender lights wrong and had a battery problem, so I went through it and took all the lights off, but had the same response after stopping at a light. On my way getting it back home I realized that it was also happening randomly while driving, where for instance I'd try to accelerate from 40 mph and would get no response. Finally, I noticed that the gear indicator was randomly shifting from "F" to "-", suggesting that it was going from drive to neutral without warning, and then back to drive again. I made sure that the shifter was fully forward so it should have been in drive mode. I'm planning on taking it into the shop this week, just wondered if anyone else has had this experience and if they were able to identify the problem. Thanks for any help!

Spyder Garage

Probably just a faulty gear position sensor for the forward/reverse lever. I havent had this issue though, so it is just my best guess, looking forward to hear what the dealership finds

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by piakabatuka View Post
    First time post here. I love my 2021 Ryker Rally and have really enjoyed reading through the posts. I've run into a problem with my Ryker and I'm wondering if anyone has had a similar problem. About a week ago I was at a stop light and on green I got no response when I tried to accelerate. Engine just didn't respond at all. After a few rolls of the accelerator if finally "caught" and took off. I thought I had installed some fender lights wrong and had a battery problem, so I went through it and took all the lights off, but had the same response after stopping at a light. On my way getting it back home I realized that it was also happening randomly while driving, where for instance I'd try to accelerate from 40 mph and would get no response. Finally, I noticed that the gear indicator was randomly shifting from "F" to "-", suggesting that it was going from drive to neutral without warning, and then back to drive again. I made sure that the shifter was fully forward so it should have been in drive mode. I'm planning on taking it into the shop this week, just wondered if anyone else has had this experience and if they were able to identify the problem. Thanks for any help!
    It might be an electronic sensor issue as has been said. Your bike isn't really shifting between neutral and forward because if it was the chain in the gearbox would snap so the sensor issue makes sense. If that's not the issue it could be a clutch issue. Broken, spring, roller, etc.

Either issue should be a relatively easy fix.

Spyder Garage

Anything wrong in the clutches would not prevent the engine from spinning up, which is how I read the OP's mention of no response. Just like when the parking brake is on, you can't rev it up. IDK if you can rev it if you intentionally put it in neutral.
    2019 Rally , BLACK