Spyder Garage

Default Suspension Fault

Was cruising along about 68 mph and Suspension Fault came up on screen.
    Was about 30 miles in the piney woods. Stopped and looked things over and nothing obvious seen. Drove back to town. Fault code light went off after second key start.
    Any ideas.

Spyder Garage

Had 89 miles on odometer trying to get miles on to break in.

Spyder Garage

That'll probably be the ACS having a bit of a hissy fit as you hit a bump or extended the shock a bit.... . If it ever happens again (and who knows if it ever will?!? ) don't turn the engine off; check to see if there are any active codes - that should be a menu option for a 2021 RT. Without something like that to go on, we'd really just be guessing as to a cause, & therefore as to the fix.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Thanks

Spyder Garage

If it was me I would spin down to where you got it and explain to them what you told us and they will most likely hook it up to buds and check the settings on the system!! It is new and you shouldn't be having light and whistles going off yet!!!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

A number of 2021 RT series were setup by the selling dealer incorrectly. You should verify they dealer assembled the machine correctly and connected the the ride height sensor linkage to the swingarm. Location is adjacent to the drive belt, slightly aft of the swingarm pivot. Short link, several inches long, moves the position sensor as the swingarm moves.

Merely a suggestion of something to check and easy to inspect. Possibly the link is connected and it was an electronic fluke.

Spyder Garage

Look for this to be bolted onto lower control arm. Some dealers are not doing the PDI completely.
    circle.jpg
    2021 RT LTD Petrol Blue DARK delivered 9/22/20
    New Engine @ 500 miles 4/8/21 - 5/21 due to oil leak in block
    https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...400-miles-HELP
    2018 RT-L , Blue

Spyder Garage

Well went on ride yesterday and it showed up about every 30 miles. Did not have book with me will try today with book to read codes. But fault light goes away.

Spyder Garage

Did you check the arm that PMK was suggesting and Bluewoo gave you a great picture of!!! If it's not that get it back to the shop for a Buds hook up, you are warranted for this stuff, it's better than guessing!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Will check it this morning if weather holds
    Thanks to all

Spyder Garage

Sorry Life got in the way the last 2 days will be Sunday before I can start looking now.

Spyder Garage

Ok looked at what was advised. Appears to be right. Read on another thread about a someone putting some air in rear shock.
    I checked and it was at 15 pounds. I put 50 in and took a ride. Rode much better and no light so far. Yes my 21 RTL has an valve under seat. Pain to get to so I put an extension on and left it for future use if needed. Of course had to leave for work so no time to take long ride or double up with better half. Will try to advise if any thing changes. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Spyder Garage

If you have a RTL, and you are filling the bag manually and the issues going away, it is only going to last so long and the issues going to come back! The ride levels being set by the computer and is being adjusted by that arm we had you check, the system is set to keep the bike at a set ride height, for the load put on it's back!! So you may still have to take it back to the shop and have them set it up with buds and make sure the settings are right!! Good luck!! It's a new bike and it should have been set up right and if it hasn't been, then I would be a PITA till it was, my 2 cents!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Yup, I agree with Mikey to have the dealer look at it. If I remember right another member had to have the dealership recalibrate his to work correctly.
    Thanks for the update!!
    Your system should do this automatically hence the level error messages.
    2021 RT LTD Petrol Blue DARK delivered 9/22/20
    New Engine @ 500 miles 4/8/21 - 5/21 due to oil leak in block
    https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...400-miles-HELP
    2018 RT-L , Blue

Spyder Garage

Well my brand new 2021 RT Limited throws code C210A about every 5 to 10 miles on the freeway, one up or two up. Oh joy.

Suspension seems to work fine but I guess it just cannot find the correct ride height for the load or perhaps there is a leak somewhere. I took the safety class on it and it handled the weaving in and out of the course just fine, despite the code.

I booked it into the dealer today, so I'll let you know what transpires.

I bought the service manual for the vehicle (from canammanuals.com - $24 US) and page 590 onward of the PDF describes the diagnostic process for self leveling suspension faults. Makes for fun reading if nothing else.

I dropped by the dealer a couple of Saturdays ago and they had a quick look but couldn't see anything obvious.

So far the dealer has been very helpful and sympathetic. Time will tell.
    2021 RT Limited , Silver

Spyder Garage

Well it seems the bolt was missing from the suspension self leveling linkage.

Rode it home, 20 miles perfect.

Rode it later in the days on a 20 mile trip. Perfect.

Rode i 20 miles home, but after 10 miles or so, one up, on the freeway, it threw code C210A (suspension fault again). Oh bummer.

So it will have to go back. My guess it perhaps is not calibrated correctly, or the pump has issues or there is an air leak. Or it was a Wednesday.

I don't know. Now I'm getting a little, how shall we say, less forgiving.

Back it goes I gvuess.
    2021 RT Limited , Silver

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mecsw500 View Post
    Well it seems the bolt was missing from the suspension self leveling linkage.

Rode it home, 20 miles perfect.

Rode it later in the days on a 20 mile trip. Perfect.

Rode i 20 miles home, but after 10 miles or so, one up, on the freeway, it threw code C210A (suspension fault again). Oh bummer.

So it will have to go back. My guess it perhaps is not calibrated correctly, or the pump has issues or there is an air leak. Or it was a Wednesday.

I don't know. Now I'm getting a little, how shall we say, less forgiving.

Back it goes I gvuess.
    Dealer forgot to install it during setup. Get the bolt installed and enjoy. Bummer if they charged a setup fee, maybe get a refund on that...

Spyder Garage

Yes, they installed the bolt now. But the code is back, just takes longer to occur. No fee charged. But I have the feeling of here we go again. Probably calibration or the pump. We shall see.
    2021 RT Limited , Silver

Spyder Garage

OK, so now I'm mad. So, not only is it still throwing codes, I looked over the bike today.

The left hand side lower side panel that goes under the left hand foot board is completely broken off at the level of the foot board itself.

It looks like if fell off the lift or something as it is broken in no way that it could have been when the vehicle was moving. To break it off like this the underside of the bike would be all beaten up, as well as the front tire and the suspension. This was a vertical impact. With under 200 miles on the bike I would have noticed if I hit anything that big to do the damage.

I'm going back tomorrow to have a conversation about it. And the C210A fault codes it throws.

I am a very mellow and patient person, but now I'm really hopping mad. If they try and charge me for a new panel I'm going to be more than a little upset. If they broke it, why didn't they just tell me, I would have understood it as accidents happen. But leaving it like this is just not acceptable.
    2021 RT Limited , Silver

Spyder Garage

Just another example of the incompetency of the people that the dealers hire. I would wager that most do not even have a BRP certified mechanic (if there is such a thing).
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

So on the way back to the dealer, it throws another suspension fault instead of C210A. This time it throws C21E1 instead.

The tech went through the obvious things and of course, he goes out for a least an hour pounding up and down the freeway. Nothing.

So he orders me the broken parts for the side panel. He also calls up BRP for them to send a full kit of parts to start throwing parts at the problem. It all seems to work fine in the shop.

The tech seemed to know what he was doing, I would say he is competent to work on them. He was very polite and helpful and seemed keen to make me a happy customer with a good attitude.

So, I rode it home and about 15 minutes into the ride it throws C210A again.

So when the parts are in, I will take it back and try again.

He also said if the suspension parts still seem to be functioning correctly with the new parts kit from BRP, he said he would look further upstream as in the communications with the main computer.

So, he has a reasonable plan and I've returned to my mellow self. It is what it is, and I'm beginning to enjoy riding it as I get more and more used to its quirks compared with 2 wheels.

Time will tell.
    2021 RT Limited , Silver

Spyder Garage

Well I fitted the new left hand lower deflector panel myself, was fairly easy.

It's back in the shop for them to work on the C210A code. It threw it again today after 5 miles on the freeway. I rode it up to Brighton ski resort last Sunday, two up, and it never threw the code then. Seems to only occur at freeway speeds.

We shall see what transpires.
    2021 RT Limited , Silver

Spyder Garage

Got it back today. They changed the sensor and checked for leaks. They test road it a lot. High speed, freeway, bumpy roads everything.

It all looked good.

Got on the freeway, going home, 5 miles, it threw code C210A yet again.

Now what? Back it goes again I suppose.

Perhaps it only happens to me because I'm a 240 lb lard ass.

We shall see.
    2021 RT Limited , Silver