Spyder Garage

Default DIY Ryker Preload Settings vs Stealership Charges

Last Monday before I picked up my Ryker 900 Ace, I called my salesperson and asked if they could adjust the preload. Just 4 clicks from 0 to 4. Every bike I've bought before the dealers were happy to make adjustments before delivery.

Well well, the Ryker salesman called back. You'd think I was asking for some type of brain surgery. The service department wanted 2 hours labor and 3 weeks notice for a preload adjustment. Taken aback, I asked the salesperson if they understood what I needed. Just a simple, few clicks on the preload. "That's what they said", he blurted.

Needless to say, I drove her home. Ordered a spanner adapter for $15 and was done in 10 minutes including beverage time.

Are all Can-Am dealers like this? I didn't ask the hourly rate. Wowzers!
    2021 , generic

Spyder Garage

It's not just Can Am dealers...All dealers are getting too big for their britches IMO...I have been playing the powersports game for over 50+ years...I have owned 52 snowmobiles (35 new)...11 Dirtbikes & ATV's...And this Ryker is my 9th Streetbike...I avoid dealer service depts like the plague...The last toy I took to a dealer for service was my 1997 Yamaha V-Max...I have actually resorted to doing repairs even while still under warranty on the toys at my expense just to avoid those service depts...When I was shopping my Ryker, It was COMICAL at what some dealers were qouting me for OTD prices...lol...Some were as high as $900.00+ for FRT/Setup fees and some were over $300.00 for DOC fees...I tried to buy local, unfortunately those dealers were blatant ripoffs...Sooo I made the Trek to a dealer 2.5 hours from home that I knew didnt play those pricing games...I saved around $1100.00...In the end the OTD price was waaay less...This is the first powersports toy that I had to pay close to full MSRP for so far in my life...