Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AVBIZ View Post
    In normal times this wouldn’t be the way to go but we are not in normal times. My son works at a multi brand dealer and with inventory supply disruptions “the norm” they are routinely paying retail values for used bikes and reselling above retail. Might be worthwhile to investigate selling to a dealer.
    Good idea but I've already tried that. They're still taking orders for new Spyders (although they only have (2) on the floor) and they don't want my bike to cause them to lose a new bike sale. They told me I'd have to put it on consignment for about $20k. Not gonna happen even if it was paid off.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Still for sale. Occasionally ridden less than an hour each time as that's all my back can take.

Dropped the price to $23,500. There's still plenty of riding time in the south.

Spyder Garage

Hard to understand how that machine is still available! Have you tried cycletrader or other online traders?
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I haven't yet. It costs money to "try" to sell a bike on those sites. I used Cycletrader with my previous 2014 Kawasaki Nomad. I had it underpriced and still couldn't sell it. Hoping the dirt cheap price will bring a new owner here.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MONK View Post
    I haven't yet. It costs money to "try" to sell a bike on those sites. I used Cycletrader with my previous 2014 Kawasaki Nomad. I had it underpriced and still couldn't sell it. Hoping the dirt cheap price will bring a new owner here.
    A new buyer may be more willing to take a chance on a used bike if there was some protection from having bought someone else's headaches. Anyone who is on this forum for awhile should have some confidence that you're a responsible owner and seller, but on Craigslist or Cycletrader they wouldn't have a clue.

Do you by any chance have an extended warranty on it? That might help a stranger get over the fear of buying used.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Now I see you say it has OEM warranty through October 2022. I think you need to make that a primary selling point rather than bury it in the final paragraph.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Watching this … it is not riding season here but I am looking to replace my F3. Price is a little out of my range for now.
    Love my Spyders
    2016 F3L Steel Black purchased 7/16/2016 Sold 3/11/2023 (22,500 mi)

2014 RTS Circuit Yellow purchased 3/2/2018

2020 RTL Petrol Blue purchased 1/27/2023

Girls on Spyders #3195

No more 2 wheels
    2020 RTL , Lamonster floor board riser Petrol Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Price is dirt cheap for what it is but I understand.

Spyder Garage

Default Just my two cents, but may help?

Monk maybe this might help you sell, or put others at ease ? If I lived near you, or in your state I might very well pursue your RT with some very nice add ons. However sadly not the case. Anyway what I understand and anyone living a distance would have to send you a cashiers check; wait for it to clear, which could take some time depending on the finical institution. Wait for your lender to clear and then send you the title and then you have to over night the title to new owner. This may be a lot for a potential new owner to accept. You, MOSTLY the lender would have their money; title and the the RT. As I have and like many have had on occasions screw ups from banks; lenders and the DMV because of so many hands involved, which could put the potential new buyer in a holding pattern for some time. I.E. I purchased a gold Wing out of state few years back from a nice couple, we thought. She was the notary signing off the title on her husbands signature. Didn't know that at the time it's illegal to do that. My Wife looked at the title and saw the notary stamp and off we went. Our DMV refused the title and it took me and my lawyer friend three months to get a new title from sellers. Please Monk this has nothing to do with your honesty and very sorry for your financial situation, but this may be your stumbling block for not selling yet ??? I'm hoping Somebody near will be the new owner of your RT, making it easier and less painful for you both. Regards and good luck !!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Markpenn---I get what you're saying but there's no way I can pay off the bike prior to sale. If I had an extra $23k+, I'd pay it off to save the interest. The new owner can always wire the money directly to the bank (which I would prefer as it's faster and more guaranteed). Once the bank has the funds, I would overnight the keys and a bill of sale to the new owner (unless other arrangements were requested by the buyer). Immediately, I would pay off the bike and as soon as I received the clear title, it would get overnighted to the buyer. My note is through Sheffield and they're pretty quick on things like this. Most online auctions (i.e. eBay, Cars and Bids, etc) work this same way. Not saying there can't be hiccups but it's rare.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I hear what you're saying Monk, not many folks have $23K rolling around the house.

Spyder Garage

Have you looked at selling to a dealer lately? The Spyder values have jump over the last couple of months. 23k would not be a stretch.
    2021 RT Limited , Deep Marsala Red Metallic (Dark)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Bill--That's what a bank is for.

Schreckftw--I haven't spoken with the only dealer in the area that might actually consider it since summer. I guess it wouldn't hurt to talk to them again.

Spyder Garage

Its easier to get financing thru dealer. A newer Spyder that demands a higher price cause its not very old, is harder to sell private. It just takes some time to find the right local person, that's willing TO WORK TO FIND FINANCING themselves. Good deal here for somebody, with all these accessories
    2015 Spyder RT Ltd- bUrp - only add the "U", 2010 Honda NT700V-red,2010 Honda NT700V-silver retired @201,111 miles, 1997 Honda PC800, 1996 Honda PC800, Honda CT500, Honda Shadow 500, 1978 Suzuki GS550, 1973 Suzuki TC125, other assorted smaller bikes, Suzuki TM400

Spyder Garage

I can't believe this bike is still not stolen by someone. All these guys waiting for 2022s are missing a wild deal!
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

Hi. Is it possible for a new buyer to take over your loan?
    2021 900 Ace , Black & Gold

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Al View Post
    Guessing that if you have good enough credit that either his bank or your bank will be happy to cancel Monk's loan and have a new one started by you. To the banks, a loan is a loan. They don't care where the payments are coming from as long as they get them.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I have done that on an automobile once so that might be an option along with some cash maybe.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It's easy enough for the existing borrower to find out if the loan is 'assumable'
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks, guys. I'll make a call to Sheffield tomorrow to see if the loan is assumable. As long as it wasn't in my name, it wouldn't matter to me.

Spyder Garage

You will be back on another one very soon, in your posts i feel the sincerity in your writing and wish you good speed...
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-24-2021 at 04:42 AM. Reason: sen = sin ;-)

Spyder Garage

PM sent
    Love my Spyders
    2016 F3L Steel Black purchased 7/16/2016 Sold 3/11/2023 (22,500 mi)

2014 RTS Circuit Yellow purchased 3/2/2018

2020 RTL Petrol Blue purchased 1/27/2023

Girls on Spyders #3195

No more 2 wheels
    2020 RTL , Lamonster floor board riser Petrol Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Still for sale.
    2021 Honda HRV
    2245 Constitution class starship (refitted 2270-2271) (for sale)
    2021 Can Am Spyder RT (gone)
    2019 Honda CR-V (gone)
    2018 Can Am Spyder RT Limited (gone)
    2014 Kawasaki Nomad (gone)

Spyder Garage

Man, wish I could buy it right out, I need to finance 13,000 I'm using 10,000

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Billwash918 View Post
    Man, wish I could buy it right out, I need to finance 13,000 I'm using 10,000
    just do your duty,,,,, goto a loan place of your choosing, and apply for your loan....first work out the price, get the VIN #, Spyder specs to give to loan place,,,,,,,,you can drive up and ride home
    2015 Spyder RT Ltd- bUrp - only add the "U", 2010 Honda NT700V-red,2010 Honda NT700V-silver retired @201,111 miles, 1997 Honda PC800, 1996 Honda PC800, Honda CT500, Honda Shadow 500, 1978 Suzuki GS550, 1973 Suzuki TC125, other assorted smaller bikes, Suzuki TM400