Thread: First Big Ride

Spyder Garage

Cool First Big Ride

My 5th day of Ryker ownership and the first 'big' ride. The SheBeast (SB) and I went out for a couple hours of much needed wind therapy. Slow and steady, they say. Slow and steady I did.

After a short stint practicing in the parking lot dodging hipsters and small furry animals, we headed out. Our roads are mixes of county, city, and state roads. Speed limits ranging from 35 to 65. My current warp limit is 50mph. Any velocity over that, I freak out and soil myself. SB handles herself so well and has the patience of a saint.

Cornering at speed is a challenge as I am expecting to fall off and become one with the asphalt. I need to work on breaking those two-wheeled habits. Slow and steady.

Then I had 'the moment'. We reached a bridge apex and in front of us, in all her glory, was the Atlantic Ocean. The salt air, the beautiful blue waters. My smile got wider and wider. SB seemed to prance welcoming my joy. After eight long years I was back in the saddle. Getting that much needed wind therapy once again. Side note: stopping on the bridge during 'the moment' is frowned up by other motorists.

Whew, twenty-five miles in and we're still alive! Time for a rest break.

We rode home shaded by the hammocks. Forty some minutes of absolute bliss. Lost in the moment, still smiling.

Slow and steady.
    2021 , generic

Spyder Garage

Nice ride report.
    David Petrick
    Certified Professional Photographer
    2020 Limited Dark , Magma Red Black

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by KnurledNut View Post
    My 5th day of Ryker ownership and the first 'big' ride. The SheBeast (SB) and I went out for a couple hours of much needed wind therapy. Slow and steady, they say. Slow and steady I did.

After a short stint practicing in the parking lot dodging hipsters and small furry animals, we headed out. Our roads are mixes of county, city, and state roads. Speed limits ranging from 35 to 65. My current warp limit is 50mph. Any velocity over that, I freak out and soil myself. SB handles herself so well and has the patience of a saint.

Cornering at speed is a challenge as I am expecting to fall off and become one with the asphalt. I need to work on breaking those two-wheeled habits. Slow and steady.

Then I had 'the moment'. We reached a bridge apex and in front of us, in all her glory, was the Atlantic Ocean. The salt air, the beautiful blue waters. My smile got wider and wider. SB seemed to prance welcoming my joy. After eight long years I was back in the saddle. Getting that much needed wind therapy once again. Side note: stopping on the bridge during 'the moment' is frowned up by other motorists.

Whew, twenty-five miles in and we're still alive! Time for a rest break.

We rode home shaded by the hammocks. Forty some minutes of absolute bliss. Lost in the moment, still smiling.

Slow and steady.
    & .... You will be more comfortable if just " GUIDE " the Ryker ( or Spyder ), if it has good alignment it should go straight all by-itself. Long ago after mastering my Spyders unique " three wheel " characteristics, I felt safe being able to remove ALL steering input at 100 + MPH .... I recommend NOT doing that ..... good luck .... Mike