Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by lokiryker View Post
    I finally installed the F4 windshield and it's a huge difference on the highway. I'm talking like complete night-and-day where I get minimal headbuffering and I don't even need to put my face shield down at 80 mph. I can probably start driving without the face shield.

The only negative I can think of is that the windshield is very reflective and all I see is the reflection of my white motorycle pants with green reflectors right in my face all the time.
    Is the F4 able to be adjusted any? Tweaking the angle would help take away those reflections.

Spyder Garage

Time for new pants

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Markubis View Post
    Is the F4 able to be adjusted any? Tweaking the angle would help take away those reflections.
    Good question. I'll have to take a look later.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Markubis View Post
    No..

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy View Post
    No..
    That stinks. One of the reasons I got the Puig was it's adjustability....and it was only $100

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

I've got the sport on it but my Adventure was delivered yesterday. Will change it this weekend. I'm 6'4" and the sport was about 3" too low.

Spyder Garage

Very curious to hear your experience with the Adventure shield.

Am still not sure of what screen to go for: doubt between Madstadt, F4 or the De lux fairing. So if anyone has advice... very welcome and much appreciated.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Inge View Post
    Very curious to hear your experience with the Adventure shield.

Am still not sure of what screen to go for: doubt between Madstadt, F4 or the De lux fairing. So if anyone has advice... very welcome and much appreciated.
    All depends on if you mind looking through the windshield or having the top edge below your line of sight.

I'm more comfortable having it below my line of sight so i opted for something that deflects the wind up and around me only. It doesn't create a pocket of negative air pressure like larger ones do.

Spyder Garage

Markubis - I think that I would opt for a screen that is just below my line of sight but do not like buffeting.

I do not have any windscreen experience (or motorbike experience for that matter) so am hoping you (and others) can help me make a decision.

Spyder Garage

The F4 is optically clear, no distortion looking thru, I've not experienced any reflection on my black Ryker.

Spyder Garage

Good to know about the F4. What about when raining is it still possible to look through it well?

Spyder Garage

I've never ridden it in the rain....But past experience of riding from West to East coast where it rained all the way cross America with a fairing. It's no worse than your face shield.

Spyder Garage

I haven't driven in the rain yet with the F4 so I can't comment. I will say that it's a vast improvement over the oem sport windshield I was using before on the highway because no wind buffering on the helmet at high way speeds makes long distance commutes less exhausting.

Also, the F4 windshield is optically clear, but the bug splatters all over it say otherwise. LOL

Spyder Garage

Ziggy - What do you like better the fairing or the F4 and why?
    lokiryker - That is good to know though if I would go with an OEM shield it would be the adventure one. But from what I read here &reviews read about quality I want to skip the OEM one and getter a better quality one straight off (windshield or delux faiting) though am leaning towards the windshield at the moment.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Inge View Post
    Ziggy - What do you like better the fairing or the F4 and why?
    lokiryker - That is good to know though if I would go with an OEM shield it would be the adventure one. But from what I read here &reviews read about quality I want to skip the OEM one and getter a better quality one straight off (windshield or delux faiting) though am leaning towards the windshield at the moment.
    I didn't get the adventure shield because the dealer told me he had a few people crack their windshields while riding.

Spyder Garage

Ok, so the OEM adventure shield is from now on then definitely a no go.

Brings the choice down to the delux fairing, F4 or madstadt.

Spyder Garage

I like the F4 best. Optically clear, no distortion at all. Pretty much scratch free. Size. Easy to mount and remove. It's thick and a better "plastic"
    than the shields used on many fairings, which means protection from breaking.

Spyder Garage

I was using a Puig 8088H universal windshield. At $100 it worked as it should but not great.

Yesterday I switched to Customs F4 and Holy **** Batman! I can only feel buffeting at the upper mid-line of my forehead when sitting straight up. If I ducked down just a tad, my chest and head are completely in the zone.
    2021 , generic

Spyder Garage

Yeah, it makes a huge difference on the highway which is why I got it.

Spyder Garage

Ziggy - how tall are you? I am 5.8" (173cm) - if you are as tall as or taller than me the F4 16"would be good size wise I think (will get a custom seat so will sit higher than with the OEM seat. I liket the "Pretty much scratch free. Size. Easy to mount and remove. It's thick and a better "plastic" than the shields used on many fairings, which means protection from breaking."

What I do not like is the huge price tag that comes with it but then again if it is a one of investment....

Just looked up the material used on the Madstadt & F4.
    Madstadt says on their FAQ page "Why does MADSTAD use Cast Acrylic instead of Polycarbonate plastic?
    Cast acrylic is more rigid, more optically clear, has better scratch resistance, better chemical resistance for cleaning, easier to mold, less costly, and does not cloud or become hazy over time like polycarbonate can. We use a minimum 3/16" (4.5 mm) thick cast acrylic to make all of our windshields so they are nice and rigid, super-clear and easy to maintain.
    FYI, the canopy of the F/A-18 Hornet supersonic combat jet is made of cast acrylic. If acrylic is good enough for a military fighter jet we feel it is good enough for your motorcycle!"

And F4 states "The base material is polycarbonate, otherwise known as LexanŽ. However, F4 utilizes the highest optical grade polycarbonate available which is a UV stabilized material to help prevent it from drying out and becoming brittle over time. Polycarbonate is over 30X more impact resistant than acrylic. The patented proprietary process and coatings are what gives the F4 windshields the best rain shedding ability on the market without the use of special waxes, polish, etc. Just clean it and ride. We all want the best product when it comes to safety. This is why F4 utilizes polycarbonate and not acrylic."

What do I believe?

Downside for me for both the Madstadt and the F4 is that it needs to be imported to the Netherlands increasing the price tag even more. If I would be going just by looks it would be the F4 but it is a $100 more expensive than the 20" Madstadt.

Spyder Garage

Good morning Inge, I'm 5'9". I think, it's all a gamble. What sold me on the F4, was the youtube video of the guy using steel wool on his shield .

Spyder Garage

ziggy - thanks. Good to know that we are not that different in height so the F4 would also be fine for me. Darn why are decisions sometimes so hard Would be nice if one could reason once way through this... and not having to gamble.

Have not found the steelwool attack on the F4 screen yet. But it definitely says something about its scratch resistance. Maybe I should take that into account as well.

As soon as I have made up my mind definitely - guess it is going to come down to cheaper versus looks.

Spyder Garage

Best advice I think is to but from a source that allows returns. Windshields are hugely personal preference. What works for me may not work for you.

Spyder Garage

I installed the Madstad, unable to open the frunk if the windshield is lowered. lost some screws over time!!! whatever you use, please use Loctite!