Hey Y'all,

We've had our 2020 RTL since October of last year. We are absolutely loving it so far! We are now tossing around the idea of buying a pull behind trailer, with the idea that it will give my wife more room for storing stuff that she might buy while we're travelling. Also, It will allow the bike to not be as loaded up with weight directly on it. I don't know, it just intrigues us quite a bit to try a trailer.

Here's the deal though. I have some concerns that it's gonna considerably alter the riding experience because i picture in my mind that it will affect cornering speeds quite a bit, and i wonder if I'll constantly feel it back there, especially in twisties and such. And, does it affect the take off and stopping rates that much?

The problem with making the decision to buy a trailer is you can't just go out and try a trailer before you buy it. It's an expensive proposition to buy and install the hitch, the wiring harness, and the trailer, then only to find out you don't like it.

Several folks have told me to buy the RT622 trailer instead of the Freedom trailer. Maybe about it being built more sturdy or something? Not sure.

We have ridden 2 wheelers for decades, and have never pulled a trailer. Now that we have transitioned to 3 wheels, the trailer is being discussed more and more in our house. I'm interested in the wisdom and ideas you folks could give to help me with this decision.

I'm all ears.

Big Lenny