Spyder Garage

Default alternative front tires for the Ryker

I ordered now the 165/50 R16 size ( instead of 145/60 ) after I saw some Ryders who installed a Nankang in this version without a Problem with the Fenders or the VSS,
    We need better "rain-tires" here in the Alps, so I took the ones from "Imperial" (Belgian brand) - there would be also one from "Comfoser" which should be also OK or the more expensive Yokohama who also offers this dimesion now here in Europe, maybe there is a new (Electro) Car which uses this small 16" wheels !
    I will test them in the next weeks ..

https://www.grandamericantires.com/t...-k4-165-50r16/

And if you have the front wheels dismantled I would check the crazy cable-bracket inside the fenders - this was the reason for a complet black-out of our Ryker, the only real problem we had on our tours on the last 20T miles .. (got something under the fender and ruined the cables..)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdUMz1cC24M
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by chris56 View Post
    I ordered now the 165/50 R16 size ( instead of 145/60 ) after I saw some Ryders who installed a Nankang in this version without a Problem with the Fenders or the VSS,
    We need better "rain-tires" here in the Alps, so I took the ones from "Imperial" (Belgian brand) - there would be also one from "Comfoser" which should be also OK or the more expensive Yokohama who also offers this dimesion now here in Europe, maybe there is a new (Electro) Car which uses this small 16" wheels !
    I will test them in the next weeks ..

https://www.grandamericantires.com/t...-k4-165-50r16/

And if you have the front wheels dismantled I would check the crazy cable-bracket inside the fenders - this was the reason for a complet black-out of our Ryker, the only real problem we had on our tours on the last 20T miles .. (got something under the fender and ruined the cables..)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdUMz1cC24M
    I have found one of the Best performing WET weather tires are made by Vredestein whose market is geared more towards smaller cars in Europe ... They just re-placed the fantastic Q-5 with a version labeled just " Q " ..... take a look ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

Any tires that will fit that are mirror tread? Seems to me having both fronts with the same pattern would want to pull the bike to one side or the other. Not really a problem with a couple tons of car, but I'd think a responsive 600 pound three wheeler would make any pull more noticeable. Reversing the siping on one side would counteract any such tendency.

(Maybe that would also explain the jitter and vibration a lot of folk are complaining about? )
    Half a million miles, and I ain't dead yet.

See my album at https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...p?albumid=5190

Spyder Garage

made some first tests .. feels better in the curves - one if it did not need any weights when they balanced it - the front is now absolut smooth, the first time after 20T miles ..
    I will test them on wet roads now, we should get rain in the next days !
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Spyder Garage

Do you know who rents Spyder’s in Europe? Thx. Nick

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Yardageman View Post
    Do you know who rents Spyder’s in Europe? Thx. Nick
    https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attracti...y_Islands.html so Europe not many choices in a small location like that but here is just one of many.

Try looking at this post that has lots of info about riding in Europe https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...-fm-the-States There in one event that gos on there each year also you will see in the old post.
    Last edited by CopperSpyder; 08-19-2021 at 04:31 PM.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

made some first tests .. feels better in the curves - one if it did not need any weights when they balanced it - the front is now absolut smooth, the first time after 20T miles ..
    One other tire that may fit the Ryker is the Formoza AZ01 165/50 R16 from Performanceplustire.com

Currently Own: 2019 Ryker Rally
    Previously Owned: 2019 F3 Spyder

Spyder Garage

How did you trace down the wire that made it go black?
    2020 Rally , black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by microrogue View Post
    How did you trace down the wire that made it go black?
    use a small cable zip .. no problem enough space for that ..
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-02-2021 at 01:07 AM. Reason: Fixed quote display

Spyder Garage

Does anyone have a good US source for tires for the Ryker? I am thinking of ordering a set for my wife's machine.

As for the wire inside the fender, we had an issue with ours when my wife cracked the front left fender on my tool chest in the garage. 2 days after we got it, she cracked the fender and we replaced it ($80 for the OEM piece from Can-Am parts). When I was putting the inner fender back together I made sure to zip tie that sucker to the little clip (did it on both sides just to be cautious) and have never had an issue with it.
    2020 600 ACE , Black/Red

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spygoat View Post
    Does anyone have a good US source for tires for the Ryker? I am thinking of ordering a set for my wife's machine.

As for the wire inside the fender, we had an issue with ours when my wife cracked the front left fender on my tool chest in the garage. 2 days after we got it, she cracked the fender and we replaced it ($80 for the OEM piece from Can-Am parts). When I was putting the inner fender back together I made sure to zip tie that sucker to the little clip (did it on both sides just to be cautious) and have never had an issue with it.
    Vredestein - ( Quatrac model ) makes some sizes for the 16 inch wheel for the REAR .... I don't a a 185/55-16 will easily fit the front ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

here in Europe they offer a lot of different brands (its a size of VW Cars) - from Imperial you get also an official winter-tire .. Yokohama is offering a set for the front and the rear tires - maybe you find it by "comfoser" they have an US shop ..

https://www.oponeo.at/reifen/165-50-r16

Spyder Garage

A friend is wanting 15" front tires for his Spyder and having a very difficult time locating any, in any car tire brand. The two of us have been working with our favorite tire shops that have many warehouse sources and the best we came up with is two 175/55-15 Khumo - don't know what model and that warehouse had only those two. Maybe we got the last 15" fronts in the country. I hope things are better for the rear tire, as I'm planning on putting a General Altimax on the rear for a winter project. First it's ammo, now it's 15" tires. What's next....beer? Oh no, say it isn't so!
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

I just did the Gen Altimax RT43 215/60/15 on the rear. PSI 17-20. No need to balance . No need to remove the brake rotor to mount. Had a local tire center mount..The front tires the Vredesteins Quadratracs 175/55R15 Tires ...there may be some mods necessary as these are a bit wider...well as far as beer idk thats a real problem
    2012 RTL 14 RTS , Pearl White @ Pearl White

Spyder Garage

How did the wider tires behave in the rain? Any change in fuel usage with the wider fronts?
    2019 Ryler Rally , Shock Yellow