Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default 2015 RS SE5 stuck in 2nd gear

it happened so suddenly while i was downshifting from 3rd but now spyder is stuck on 2nd gear.
    it blips trying downshift when i slow down but doesn't actually get shifted and can't upshift neither.
    i tried to loosen it by moving that shifting mechanism below front sprocket but when i pull it back, nothing happens but can't even push it forward.
    code i got was 0130(h2 sensor) and 0335(crank position sensor) but 0335 came on briefly then went away. now on 0130 flashes when i check.

any ideas?
    thank you in advance and all fuses are good.
    6 states down 42 states to go

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by aka1004 View Post
    it happened so suddenly while i was downshifting from 3rd but now spyder is stuck on 2nd gear.
    it blips trying downshift when i slow down but doesn't actually get shifted and can't upshift neither.
    i tried to loosen it by moving that shifting mechanism below front sprocket but when i pull it back, nothing happens but can't even push it forward.
    code i got was 0130(h2 sensor) and 0335(crank position sensor) but 0335 came on briefly then went away. now on 0130 flashes when i check.

any ideas?
    thank you in advance and all fuses are good.
    Sorry I don't know what the " h2 sensor is ".... and I have not heard about the " crank position sensor " .... do you mean the " GEAR position sensor " .... that is not an un-common issue.... good luck .... Mike

Spyder Garage

I had similar problem with my 2013 RTL - vtwin SE5, it down shift at red-light then stuck on 1st gear, but there was no error code. I got it - flat bed - to a dealer service shop and they just had to reset the transmission control computer, everything is fine so far 300 miles later.
    Take a 13mm open-end wrench and see if you can shift the tranny to other gears, 1st or N or 3rd, with engine off. Also check the engine oil level to make sure it's within the Low and High marks.
    Good luck to you.
    ‘21 Honda Rebel 1100 DTC Burgundy
    ‘13 Spyder RT-L Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I couldn’t find the post. Looks like it was moved but anyway, it turns out inside thread on gear shifting lever was worn out to the point that it doesn’t ‘catch’ the thread on shaft anymore.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I don’t know if you can see but thread is so worn it’s slipping.
    Miraculously, local dealer had one in stock and issue is resolved and i put some of that paste we put on the front sprocket teeth.
    had hard time undoing 6 year old bolt that holds the shifting lever but lil wd40 and gentle turns(definitely didn't want to damage other part that may cause LONG wait time) it came loose.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

The paste isn't going to hurt, but what you should pay attention to is keeping it tight on the shaft! That arm is a lot softer than the trans shaft.
    2012 RTL , Pearl