Spyder Garage

Default Electrical Mods/Wire Harness Questions

Hello all! Looking to get my new RTL next year (so 2022) and hoping to have some mods available to install as soon as she is home. I am thinking of the following as they would add the most lighting/safety- but need to know if any additional wire harness are needed/if there are other components such as the Fuse Box (https://www.slingmods.com/canam-spyd...lock?vehicle=1) that's needed. With the wire harness only offering a second adaptor- would I need more than one (or is it even possible to have more than 1?) I just don't want to kill my electrical system/ or have too many mods that overlap usefulness. Feel free to offer other ideas as well- might be that I am looking at the wrong mods when there are better options out there.

Mods to be installed:
    Front Fender Reflectors with Sequential LED
    TricLED Floorboard Dual Color LED Running Lights with Turn Signal Integration
    TricLED Rear Run, Brake & Turn Signal LED

Thanks all!

Spyder Garage

Personally I wouldn't layout shekel #1 until the '22 RTs hit the showroom floor. While the '20 and '21 MYs appear to be extremely similar we have no idea what 2022 will bring.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    Personally I wouldn't layout shekel #1 until the '22 RTs hit the showroom floor. While the '20 and '21 MYs appear to be extremely similar we have no idea what 2022 will bring.
    I appreciate the input. Honestly hadn't thought about it in that manner- but I would assume everything to be returnable should I not have used it. Maybe check return window prior- but still looking for insight on electrical side of it all- so I am ahead of the curve should all things be similar.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Kablaam360 View Post
    Mods to be installed:

Thanks all!
    I have 2 of the three above on my 2020 RTL, I do not have the "Floorboard Lights, Yet" and didn't have to purchase anything else. While you're planning I would also add the saddle bag led lights.

You have plenty of time to window shop so take your time. Do check the return policy on items before you buy as most have a time limit on it.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

As far as power, I've added an Electrical Connection Power Plate that is switched by a feed from the BRP GPS feed and provides for six fused connections (total 30 amps) plus a connection that is powered when the key is OFF for connecting charger or air compressor. I've also added their master ground block so that I have easy to access power and ground under the left side upper panel. So far only the trickle charger connection and heated gear coonector are wired in, but any desired additions are provided for without major tupperware removal each time.
    "Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"
    2021 RTL Dark Chalk Metallic with comfort seat
    1978 GL1000 w/'75 engine show bike
    1976 RD400c

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by K80Shooter View Post
    I have 2 of the three above on my 2020 RTL, I do not have the "Floorboard Lights, Yet" and didn't have to purchase anything else. While you're planning I would also add the saddle bag led lights.

You have plenty of time to window shop so take your time. Do check the return policy on items before you buy as most have a time limit on it.
    Thanks for the input- since I have only seen them installed on Slingmods (and its really only the one at a time) - you didn't need an additional harness huh? I figured I would need at least one- but I don'd really understand the process I suppose.

As for the saddlebags lights- I did see them, but didnt know if they would provide much in the way of illumination from either the front or rear (rear was lacking when I demo'd and rode behind peeps). I figured they would just look decent with the front fender- but not as impactful.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pidjones View Post
    As far as power, I've added an Electrical Connection Power Plate that is switched by a feed from the BRP GPS feed and provides for six fused connections (total 30 amps) plus a connection that is powered when the key is OFF for connecting charger or air compressor. I've also added their master ground block so that I have easy to access power and ground under the left side upper panel. So far only the trickle charger connection and heated gear connector are wired in, but any desired additions are provided for without major tupperware removal each time.
    Any chance you can link the ground block you have or one like it? I am not sure what it is or how it works, but it seems exactly like something that would be useful when adding mods- esp if they are one at a time. The fewer times I have to remove tupperware the less likely I am to break a piece.

Spyder Garage

Any chance you can link the ground block you have or one like it? I am not sure what it is or how it works, but it seems exactly like something that would be useful when adding mods- esp if they are one at a time. The fewer times I have to remove tupperware the less likely I am to break a piece.
    Both are on this page. I mounted them both under the upper cover on the left side (the black first ones that you pop off). https://electricalconnection.com/ind...nel-grounding/
    I ran the leads straight to the battery (well, the control lead over to the right side GPS feed).
    "Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"
    2021 RTL Dark Chalk Metallic with comfort seat
    1978 GL1000 w/'75 engine show bike
    1976 RD400c

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I appreciate the input. Honestly hadn't thought about it in that manner- but I would assume everything to be returnable should I not have used it. Maybe check return window prior- but still looking for insight on electrical side of it all- so I am ahead of the curve should all things be similar.
    From what I've read from other members here ....Nothing is re-turnable as far as BRP is concerned .... good luck .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pidjones View Post
    Both are on this page. I mounted them both under the upper cover on the left side (the black first ones that you pop off). https://electricalconnection.com/ind...nel-grounding/
    I ran the leads straight to the battery (well, the control lead over to the right side GPS feed).
    Amazing. Thanks!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    From what I've read from other members here ....Nothing is re-turnable as far as BRP is concerned .... good luck .... Mike
    That's rough. How can they be so inept? The good news is everything I have seen and liked are from slingmods. I'll have to check out their return policy. Good to know, though. Thanks!

Spyder Garage

Hello all! Looking to get my new RTL next year (so 2022) and hoping to have some mods available to install as soon as she is home. I am thinking of the following as they would add the most lighting/safety- but need to know if any additional wire harness are needed/if there are other components such as the Fuse Box (https://www.slingmods.com/canam-spyd...lock?vehicle=1) that's needed. With the wire harness only offering a second adaptor- would I need more than one (or is it even possible to have more than 1?) I just don't want to kill my electrical system/ or have too many mods that overlap usefulness. Feel free to offer other ideas as well- might be that I am looking at the wrong mods when there are better options out there.

Mods to be installed:

Thanks all!
    Before anything is added to the system get a " FUSE BLOCK " and power it directly off the battery.... I bought one from " banggood.com ) for $8.00 nothing fancy just a plain old fuse block .... it does what it needs to without all the bells and whistle's .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Before anything is added to the system get a " FUSE BLOCK " and power it directly off the battery.... I bought one from " banggood.com ) for $8.00 nothing fancy just a plain old fuse block .... it does what it needs to without all the bells and whistle's .... Mike
    Sure like 8 bucks better than 107 through BRP....

Spyder Garage

Sure like 8 bucks better than 107 through BRP....
    .. It's just a FUSE box ... no moving parts etc. I couldn't see spending 75 + bucks on something that doesn't need to be anything special ... Heck the OEM one in your Spyder " is nothing special " either ..... jmho .... Mike .....PS if you go to Banggood site look at their " Shrink wrap tubing " way cheap than anywhere else I've looked .....

Spyder Garage

That's rough. How can they be so inept? The good news is everything I have seen and liked are from slingmods. I'll have to check out their return policy. Good to know, though. Thanks!
    From what I've heard " Slingmods " stand by what they sell .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Go ahead and shoot for the moon and get a https://www.neutrinoblackbox.com/products

Make sure its the Aurora version. All the bells and whistles.
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have the Big Bike Parts aux fuse box and it is perfect. All plug and play. I have many electrical add ons; fender lights, gps, front aux light, saddlebag lights, radar detector, dash cams, HUD, floorboard lights, A arm lights, 400 watt amp, and everything is plug and play. No factory wiring has been cut anywhere on my Spyder.
    2021 Sea to Sky RT , Highland green

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by EdMat View Post
    Go ahead and shoot for the moon and get a https://www.neutrinoblackbox.com/products

Make sure its the Aurora version. All the bells and whistles.
    Good lord! I dont even know what much of this does I think for me, at least until I get a grip on things- simple is better! I'll keep this in mind should I need to upgrade at another time!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Joel The Biker View Post
    I have the Big Bike Parts aux fuse box and it is perfect. All plug and play. I have many electrical add ons; fender lights, gps, front aux light, saddlebag lights, radar detector, dash cams, HUD, floorboard lights, A arm lights, 400 watt amp, and everything is plug and play. No factory wiring has been cut anywhere on my Spyder.
    Thanks for the insight. I guess what I have most learned so far is that I have no idea what I am doing Glad I have all winter to learn about how these all interact with one another! Time to study up it seems!

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Mods to be installed:

Thanks all!
    Hi Dave here..... NOTE: most dealers will NOT take back or let you return electrical items such as lights
    or other thing electrical that have been opened.... when you buy be sure you have ordered the correct parts
    incorrect things such as light bulbs can cause trouble with your Spyder....

Spyder Garage

This is all good info

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Joel The Biker View Post
    2014 RTL Platinum