Spyder Garage

Default Perfect luggage for back "deck"?

I have a 2021 RT with an added Can Am passenger back rest. To accommodate the back rest, the painted panel on the back of the Spyder is replaced with a black plastic "deck" that holds the back rest in place. On that "deck" are two small pieces that look perfect for hooking a piece of luggage with bungee cords. I'm wondering if anyone has found the perfect soft or hard luggage that would fit just right into that space and would attach to those two pieces. Right now I don't need that luggage capacity, finding that the side cases and the frunk are more than enough for what I need, but if and when I take a long trip, I likely would add something on the back of the bike. Any suggestions for a specific brand/model of luggage?
    2021 Spyder RT
    Retired U.S. Army
    Life Member, NRA
    2021 RT , Petrol (blue)

Spyder Garage

I would also love to know. Since all my long rides will be with the wife, would be helpful to find something I can throw on for additional storage.

Spyder Garage

So far the best be I have found is the Nelson Rigg Touring tank bag on Revzilla for $135.
    2021 Spyder RT
    Retired U.S. Army
    Life Member, NRA
    2021 RT , Petrol (blue)

Spyder Garage

https://www.cyclegear.com/accessorie...ent-duffle-bag
    The best feature of this bag is it opens from the top, not the end making finding stuff inside easier.
    I had this on my last 6100 mi trip. {Cue all the horror scenarios}
    PXL_20210330_015951101.jpg
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vito1943 View Post
    I have a 2021 RT with an added Can Am passenger back rest. To accommodate the back rest, the painted panel on the back of the Spyder is replaced with a black plastic "deck" that holds the back rest in place. On that "deck" are two small pieces that look perfect for hooking a piece of luggage with bungee cords. I'm wondering if anyone has found the perfect soft or hard luggage that would fit just right into that space and would attach to those two pieces. Right now I don't need that luggage capacity, finding that the side cases and the frunk are more than enough for what I need, but if and when I take a long trip, I likely would add something on the back of the bike. Any suggestions for a specific brand/model of luggage?
    Let me know if you pick one up and how well it handles on the top of the trunk. Since I don't have a RT yet- I'm not sure exactly where I'd tie these down. I do like the suggested duffle bag- and the tank bag would be decent as well but I worry about it being magnetic held?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Kablaam360 View Post
    Let me know if you pick one up and how well it handles on the top of the trunk. Since I don't have a RT yet- I'm not sure exactly where I'd tie these down. I do like the suggested duffle bag- and the tank bag would be decent as well but I worry about it being magnetic held?
    I have the RT, not the RTL, so I have no rear trunk. The Nelson Riggs bag would sit on the flat area behind the passenger back rest. The bag would affix to the two raised sections that are about 13.5 inches apart. It comes with straps that would attach to the bag with the bayonet clips.
    2021 Spyder RT
    Retired U.S. Army
    Life Member, NRA
    2021 RT , Petrol (blue)

Spyder Garage

since you have a 2021 RT why not get the linq plate and then you have a good selection of luggage to put on the back.
    2021 900 Ace , Black & Gold

Spyder Garage

Not sure what you mean by the "linq plate", but maybe that is what I have that the backrest attaches to. Truthfully, for day trips the two side cases and the Frunk give me more than enough storage room, but having something to attach on the empty back seems prudent in case I plan a longer trip. But I can't justify in my own mind spending $2,000 for the Spyder trunk which I would rarely make use of.
    2021 Spyder RT
    Retired U.S. Army
    Life Member, NRA
    2021 RT , Petrol (blue)

Spyder Garage

The LINQ 'plate' is the rear deck you are looking to add luggage to. You may want to look into a Shad top case to bolt to the deck. Far cheaper than the BRP option. Check what member 'MONK' did with his.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

I'm not sure had a Shad case would attach to the linq plate. Plus, with the hard luggage already available on the RT, having a "soft" luggage piece, that can be easily detached and carried from the Spyder, might be more useful.
    2021 Spyder RT
    Retired U.S. Army
    Life Member, NRA
    2021 RT , Petrol (blue)