Hi, I'm new to the site, and new to Spyders.

I have a history with 2-wheelers, but I also have a bad knee that makes 2-wheeling difficult. I have recently purchased a Spyder, and am super excited to be back in the wind again. I've put about 3000km on the thing in the last 2 weeks since I bought it - almost all of that after 7pm when I'm off work.

Anyhoo, I have been excited about planning a little road trip for myself - perhaps Winnipeg to L.A. via Key West or some such - pandemic permitting. However, I need to store stuff to keep me out on the road for a month or two. What is the current scuttlebutt on saddlebags for older Spyders? I have a 2009 GS, which I have learned (via this site) is mostly compatible with the RS.

However, I don't see a lot of saddlebags available for this model. I know that there have been saddlebags available, but they are mostly discontinued in favor of F3/RT accessories. A quick look over the site's buy an sell does not offer any encouragement.

I found this: https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...RS-vs-GS)-Help!!
..which was not particularly encouraging.

I know I can probably get generic soft bags that drape over the passenger seat, but I would prefer hard lockable bags for reasons that are probably obvious. Do any of you sage Spyder-people have some good info for me?