Spyder Garage

Default Another question - What tire pressure front and back?

I am making sure that this spyder is ready to come home to Charleston Thursday- I did opt to catch the train to JAx, Ill pick up the Spyder and meander home- What is the correct tire pressure for the front and back- I am asking the dealer to check it before I arrive, but need to know as well- Cant wait to post photos!!!!!!
    2018 RT , White pearl

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If the bike has original Kenda tires, then 28 rear and 22 front.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Pete is correct. If the OEM tires have been updated to car tires then you want to have 16 front and 18 rear. I had 18 in all three tires on my RTL but I am a big ol' fat guy who can only remember one number. When picking up your Spyder, make very sure the dealer accurately measures the tire pressure. "Close" is not good enough. BRP says to make sure the front tires are within 1/2 PSI of each other. Glad to hear you are riding home. Go slow and have a safe trip. Look forward to a full report after your adventure. Good luck..... Jim
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

As Jim said, go slow; take it easy, remember your hydration and have fun. Good luck!
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Drive it like you stole it !

Have fun but be safe!

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by trikermutha View Post
    Drive it like you stole it !

Have fun but be safe!
    " drive it like you stole it " ..... seriously .... SHe just bought it and I'm sure SHe's a newbie ( joined the forum in July 21 ) .What if He takes your advice --- crashes and gets killed --- I'd love to hear your comment about that ...... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    " drive it like you stole it " ..... seriously He just bought it and I'm sure He's a newbie ( joined the forum in July 21 ) .What if He takes your advice --- crashes and gets killed --- I'd love to hear your comment about that ...... Mike
    Couldn't agree more. Meant to be funny I would imagine but it's not, especially for a new-to-Spyder owner.
    2012 2012 RT-L and 3015 RT-S , 2012 - red and 2015 black (way too black)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

" drive it like you stole it " ..... seriously He just bought it and I'm sure He's a newbie ( joined the forum in July 21 ) .What if He takes your advice --- crashes and gets killed --- I'd love to hear your comment about that ...... Mike
    100%

Spyder Garage

Easy guys the post police will come out!!! He didn't mean it the way you are thinking!!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

" drive it like you stole it " ..... seriously "SHE" just bought it and I'm sure "SHE's" a newbie ( joined the forum in July 21 ) .What if He takes your advice --- crashes and gets killed --- I'd love to hear your comment about that ...... Mike
    Fixed it for you.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Wow! Do you guys really think he was serious about that? For that fact, someone could easily be killed from taking loads of information that is given here. But there comes a time that as adults we have to decide what to take seriously and what is meant to be a joke. Yes, I did "drive it like I stole it" on my first spyder. I took delivery on a Thursday and questioned my purchase the entire 30 mile initial ride. Then on the Saturday I did a 500 mile day trip to the NC mountains and drove the ***** out of the bike. When I came back, I had all the confidence in the world. Will that work for everyone, probably not. But there comes a time that we have to decide for ourselves and do what is best for us. And then take responsibility for what we do. It's kind of like gun ownership. Yeah, if you are not careful and don't get trained, it can kill you. But if you are careful, practice, and get training, it can be a great sport and possibly save your life one day. In other words, we should just lighten up and live a little bit.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I find the labels inside areas and under the seat have a lot of info about the bike. My 2021 F3 has tire info on the back wall of the front cargo (frunk).

1811AEEB-3DA9-4B08-8354-92B924F96A8F.jpg
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Easy guys the post police will come out!!! He didn't mean it the way you are thinking!!!
    They have already been here, and the thread has their attention.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I just got my Spyder couple weeks ago , and I have rode most of my life , ( on a 2 wheeler ) and I sure had to learn how to ride my Spyder . sure is different .

Spyder Garage

Kahamom, make sure you take a tyre gauge to check pressure yourself before you leave. My last 2 Spyders, from 2 separate dealers, were wildly out with their tyre pressures. My ‘21 RT had 28 and 22 in the front and 20 in the rear…..should have been 20 in the front and 28 in the rear…..
    Can you refresh our memory please? Which year/model are you getting, as recommended BRP pressures differ.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red