I've owned my Spyder about 6 weeks and I am certainly comfortable riding it. My question is about the display and resetting the statistics. The owners manual just says that pressing the control button down will reset the statistics, i.e., the miles traveled on the trip meter, miles per gallon and top and average speed. But I am confused about how this actually works. While riding I switched to the second trip meter to measure a section of the route that I was on. The instant mpg worked normally, but the average mpg went down to something like 2.3 mpg and even after a lengthy time riding was reading 11.4 mpg, which makes no sense at all. If I don't touch anything after filling up with gas and resetting the trip meters everything seems to be okay. When you reset the odometer, obviously it does not wipe out the reading of total miles traveled, but the mpg is zeroed out. When it starts showing data again, it appears to be from that moment forward, not average based on total miles. What am I missing in all this?