Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Unscrew the rubber end (valve) blow 3-4 times max. (Yes like a beach ball or floating mattress) 3-4 Blows is way to much! Put bladder back in seat cover. Have wife sit on it literally and turn the valve letting air out. Tighten valve have her wiggle butt around. It should feel like a poopy diaper. An easy way to see if you’re raised up is use your mirror on a fixed spot with no air hawk. When the air hawk is under you, the exact point should be the exact point without the air hawk in the mirror. You should NOT be elevated off seat at all! As you swoosh your butt around the bladder should flow from one side to other but look like no air moving. It takes a few tries. Once you find the sweat spot you’ll know. In all honesty, 1/2 blow is all it takes but I had to empty my wife’s till she could find the right amount. The less air the better!

“Born to Ride......Ride to Live....MOATER ON !
    “Current ride: 2017 RT Limited”

Spyder Garage

Default Our suggestion

2021 Sea to Sky here.
    Just returned from 3000 mi trip. Wife (76yrs) used this Walmart gel cushion on the back seat and she loves it. Some days she went 6 to 7 hrs with never a butt complaint. I don't use anything as the S2S has gel seat. I could go about 4hrs before needing a butt break.

cusion.jpeg
    2021 RTL S2S, BRP arm rests, smart mount backrest, Pedal Commander, F3 position B handlebars, adj side vents.
    2021 Sea To Sky , Green

Spyder Garage

You should feel something under you if you shift your weight cheek to cheek but you should not feel like you are going to roll off it in corners.Too much air feel's,to me, like soft marbles and your butt moves on them.

Spyder Garage

We bought a pair of gel pads a a truck stop. Worked pretty good.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Well ordered air hawks for the both of us. Mine is nice and comfy. Wife said it was worse than the seat took about 10 minutes before she started to squirm around instead of 30 minutes. She said she couldn’t do it. Friend let her barrow a butt pad like mhan has in post and it is getting close to comfortable....so.... I got a new air hawk for my seat.

Spyder Garage

Out of curiosity, where are her foot pegs/platform set? Are her knees at a 90, over bent or almost straight? Do you have “your”-driver backrest on or off with her? It almost sounds like the legs are to high (90) and the backrest is pushing her to far back so she’s sitting straight up on the front of her cheeks. Might want to play around with the foot rests height too? Sounds dumb but my wife loves the armrest because she can use then to wiggle down into seat like a lounger and relax. Also sounds dumb but my wife doesn’t let her butt get used to the seat on long rides. She starts out with regular seat. Next fuel stop 3 hours later slaps on air hawk. Next stop she puts down a gel pad inside air hawk. Usually 10 hours is about it but I’m sure she’d switch it up again. I’m similar but only change once a day. Keep riding, she’ll figure it out. If not the saddle is to wide so she’ll need to elevate higher with a square pad. That may be why the pad feels better.

“Born to Ride......Ride to Live....MOATER ON !
    “Current ride: 2017 RT Limited”

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rockdog View Post
    Well ordered air hawks for the both of us. Mine is nice and comfy. Wife said it was worse than the seat took about 10 minutes before she started to squirm around instead of 30 minutes. She said she couldn’t do it. Friend let her barrow a butt pad like mhan has in post and it is getting close to comfortable....so.... I got a new air hawk for my seat.
    These things take almost no air to get the cushy feel. Just a little bit too much and the feel isn’t great.
    You might have her start all over with squishing All the air out then add a couple of small puffs of air til it feels right.
    2021 RT Ltd, Marsala Red/Black, Dark
    New course heading Mr Sulu: 2nd star to the right and straight on til morning...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jcummins View Post
    When everyone says just a little air.... Is it a measurable amount. Can you blow these up with you lungs, or need an air pump of some kind?
    Craig owner of WildAss is a great guy and provides great support. His rubber bladder is very well made and sets them apart from the competition. No affiliation, jsut a fan - see more frtom them here: https://www.wild-ass.com/there-for-t...aterials-work/

They are blown up by mouth and maybe what feels like half full or less. Your butt will tell you. They are not meant to be firm. They will feel spongy when you first sit on them and wonderful the longer you ride. What is cool about an air cushion is that they self adjust to everyone's different backside.

Be Safe, Be Seen,

David
    2021 Spyder RT-L in Deep Marsala Red/Black - BRP Comfort Seat, Adj Handlebar Riser, Running Board Lights, Driver Backrest, Passenger Armrests. Fobo TPMS, Grip Covers, UltraGard Full & Half Cover, Passenger & Driver Drink Holders, Wide-Vu Side Mirrors, Show Chrome Luggage Rack, SpyderExtras Aluminum Belt Tensioner, Show Chrome Accessory Fuse Block, SpyderExtras Adj Highway Pegs, Carbon Fibre Grills, Full Repair and Maintenance Manual, Kapplock Garmin Nuvo XT Lock & Ram Mount Lock, LidLox Handlebar Helmet Lock, Hopnel Dashboard Storage Pouch/Trunk Organizer/Side Cases, Garmin Nuvo XT GPS, Signal Dynamics Heads Up Voltage Monitor, M1 Motorsports F/R Dash Cam, inView Helmet-Mounted Brake and Turn Signal Light, Pedal Commander w/ Silicone Cover & RAM mount, Spyder Extras Driving Light Bar, Denali D3 Driving Lights, SpyderExtras Light Bar, TAC Designs Side Mirror Stabilizer Kit, Carbon Fibre Trim, Hi-Gain Short Antenna, Headlight Skins, Mirror Turn Signal Lights.

2021 RT Limited , Marsala Red/Black

Spyder Garage

Yes, that’s the first thing that Daylong do when building you a custom seat, Wmoater. They ensure your knees are slightly lower than your butt. Then they provide support to the outer thighs through wings on the side of the seat (which is effectively what Airhawk is doing with the very low pressure they recommend. If you can achieve that somehow, you are on the way to a comfy seat.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Wmoater View Post
    Out of curiosity, where are her foot pegs/platform set? Are her knees at a 90, over bent or almost straight? Do you have “your”-driver backrest on or off with her? It almost sounds like the legs are to high (90) and the backrest is pushing her to far back so she’s sitting straight up on the front of her cheeks. Might want to play around with the foot rests height too? Sounds dumb but my wife loves the armrest because she can use then to wiggle down into seat like a lounger and relax. Also sounds dumb but my wife doesn’t let her butt get used to the seat on long rides. She starts out with regular seat. Next fuel stop 3 hours later slaps on air hawk. Next stop she puts down a gel pad inside air hawk. Usually 10 hours is about it but I’m sure she’d switch it up again. I’m similar but only change once a day. Keep riding, she’ll figure it out. If not the saddle is to wide so she’ll need to elevate higher with a square pad. That may be why the pad feels better.
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Drwerner View Post
    Craig owner of WildAss is a great guy and provides great support. His rubber bladder is very well made and sets them apart from the competition. No affiliation, jsut a fan - see more frtom them here: [url]https://www.wild-ass.com/there-for-the-long-haul-how-our-seat-cushion-materials-work/[/ure
    David
    Thanks for the link. I'm ordering the Smart Classic
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

We had pretty uncomfortable seats on our previous Hondas so made some sheepskin covers and put 1"-2" memory foam padding underneath. Felt MUCH better! Sold the Hondas and ride the Spyder together so now they are on it instead. Still comfy. Something else to consider is if the passenger footbeds are high enough for her. Usually they are too low if she has a shorter inseam. That can make a big difference in how a person feels, because of how her thighs rest on the seat.

Spyder Garage

I've done numerous Iron Butt challenges with 850 Suzuki and GL 1500.
    I have tried them all.
    Airhawk ! Blow it up with your lungs. Very little air required. Experiment with air amount. Just enough air to keep from bottoming out.
    Also : Sheepskin.