Spyder Garage

Default 2021 RT-L Handlebar Riser and Control Cables

So I just installed the handlebar risers from SlingMods on my 2021 RT-L. They are made by Show Chrome.I had a few concerns and was wondering if anyone else ran into this or knows of a fix. First I tried the riser blocks with the 2 spacers they give you. I removed one of the spacers because I could not feel the threads of the bolts coming through the bottom clamp so I did not trust not having the threads going at least flush with the lower clamp. The other concern was with the control cables. They are tight, especially when turning. Removing that 2nd spacer helped a bit but not 100% happy with the tension. Does anyone know if there is a way to get some extra slack in those control cables? The install video on SlingMods sight shows plenty of extra cable on the F3 that they did the install on.

547661DB-DA3B-4A46-B4B5-719B57A064D8.jpg
    90EFCDD7-8C1B-460D-94B8-0F5B8DAD2CDE.jpg

Spyder Garage

you just posted on Tri Spy, one thing there are some cable ties that you can clip under the plastic. seems like they should supply longer bolts for the extra riser length? bolts don't have to go ALL way to bottom, but have enough engagement obviously
    2015 Spyder RT Ltd- bUrp - only add the "U", 2010 Honda NT700V-red,2010 Honda NT700V-silver retired @201,111 miles, 1997 Honda PC800, 1996 Honda PC800, Honda CT500, Honda Shadow 500, 1978 Suzuki GS550, 1973 Suzuki TC125, other assorted smaller bikes, Suzuki TM400

Spyder Garage

JStearns, I don’t know about the Slingmods risers, but with the Helibars, you have to remove the wire bracket just underneath your glovebox on the steering column. That gives you more slack.

Looks like this, and is held in by a single Phillips screw. It’s a bit fiddly to get the cables out of the wire bracket, but it will give you that extra bit of cable length.
    0C9E94BE-E7C3-4DE7-9EAD-2CF5924FBE1F.jpg
    B29428C6-2E58-4B6A-8570-4D225B64031E.jpeg

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

As stated above. Cut a few zip ties hidden under the bodywork and there is plenty of slack. I also installed HELIBARS and found lots of slack.
    2021 Sea to Sky RT , Highland green

Spyder Garage

***Update***
    I was able to remove the speaker covers over the lower fron speakers and saw the cables running on the right side and was able to finagle my hand in there enough to pull some slack into them and am now able to re-clip the cables into both clips on each side of the handlebars.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Joel The Biker View Post
    As stated above. Cut a few zip ties hidden under the bodywork and there is plenty of slack. I also installed HELIBARS and found lots of slack.
    Did you leave the riser block in or remove when you installed the HeliBars ?
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RayBJ View Post
    Did you leave the riser block in or remove when you installed the HeliBars ?
    While you are waiting for Joel to respond, I will comment, Ray. I installed the Helibars and can’t imagine you would need any riser block as well. (I’m 6’7” and the Helibars are well high enough stock. ). You really would start to struggle getting enough free cable with Helibars + riser.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Thanks Pete! I figured as much but always good to get confirmation. I'm waiting for the bars and will likely sell the block.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White