Spyder Garage

Default Boeshield T-9 rust protection

I read somewhere about this stuff. But haven't used any per say. Just put some on my trailer wheels & hinges. Like the idea that Boeing Company made this stuff so has to be good.....right.
    Displaces moisture & leaves a "Thin Waxy Film". Going to get another can but wondered if anyone has used this extensively. And worth my time & trouble. I know there are 1500 other types of stuff out there. But maybe this is the best.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by twocams View Post
    I read somewhere about this stuff. But haven't used any per say. Just put some on my trailer wheels & hinges. Like the idea that Boeing Company made this stuff so has to be good.....right.
    Displaces moisture & leaves a "Thin Waxy Film". Going to get another can but wondered if anyone has used this extensively. And worth my time & trouble. I know there are 1500 other types of stuff out there. But maybe this is the best.
    The Boeshield is ok. I prefer similar products that are more specific for corrosion protection. My current favorite is CorBan 22. Corrosion X works very well also.
    The CorBan film after application is self healing and I find it penetrates areas better and also has better ability to get under the moisture.

Spyder Garage

I have used Boeshield T9 for decades on bicycle chains and have found it very satisfactory.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    I have used Boeshield T9 for decades on bicycle chains and have found it very satisfactory.
    Sorry, I was under the impression the original post was referencing it as a corrosion prevention compound and light movement lubricant.

The products I specified would not be great for a bicycle chain. For all the bicycles in our house, the chains are ultrasonically cleaned, then treated with Molten Speed Wax. No messy chain, and good for several hundred miles on road and typically 150 miles off road.

Spyder Garage

That's why I have used it for so long, particularly on yours because the waxy substance protects well against rust, and doesn't build up an accumulation of lubricant that gets all over legs, clothing, etc. On long tours an occasional stop at a bicycle shop can often result in a free or very minimal cost, or a generous tip for an ultrasonic on solvent tank wash followed by more Boeshield every third or fourth day depending on daily distance.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

You guys are killing me. I haven't been on bicycle in 60 yrs. And we used 30wt. used truck engine oil then. I used to ride 5 miles one way to the city swimming pool on a old 2 lane road. I havent used a motorcycle with chain ever since I found out BMW used shaft drive in 1923 & still do.