Spyder Garage

Default Review of RPS Manufacturing/M2.Shocks on my 2021 Ryker 900

Hi every one. I wanted to give a shout out for RPS Manufacturing/M2.Shocks. I have a 2021 Ryker 900 with a Sliber muffler and the M2 front shocks. The shocks arrived today 07-29-2021 about 3 weeks after I ordered them. These shocks might take a little time to come in because they are built one at a time based on the riders weight and riding requirements. The quality was the best I have ever seen. Even better they work better than they look. There were excellent instructions for installation and adjusting them. Marcus the owner is hands on and answered all of my questions promptly and professionally. Please do yourself a favor and buy the best shocks the first time from M2. Here is a link to their site.

https://www.m2shocks.com/canam-spyder-products

Spyder Garage

At $1,745.00 a set, these just made the top of the "Mods I Can Never Afford" list. I wonder if this is still true:

Quote Originally Posted by M2Shocks View Post
    These prices are updated July 5, 2017. PLEASE NOTE, these are "introductory prices" and will only last until July 31, 2019.

We will have a permanent 20% off (1500.00 for Spyders and 1395.00 for Rykers after that) for Spyderlovers.com members after this month. REMEMBER TO USE discount code SPYDERLOVERS.COM

Spyder Garage

Once properly adjusted for my weight and riding style, I've really had no problems with my stock KYB Rally shocks. No need to fix something that's not broke.
    2020 Can Am Ryker Rally Sport Touring Edition

Spyder Garage

tommynohl - good for you. Settled on M2 shocks for my 2014 Spyder RT LE as well. The OEM shocks were not up to performing the way I like to ride and for two up riding. My pillion, Sonya, commented on the improved ride and that the lean/roll in corners/curves was significantly reduced - money well spent. Enjoy your suspension upgrade.
    "When Writing the Story of Your Life, Don’t Let Anyone Else Hold the Pen"
    "Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears.” – Les Brown

2014 Can-Am Spyder RT LE
    1985 Honda GL1200 Goldwing Limited Edition

Ernest

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Don't forget your discount code too

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RykerRick View Post
    Once properly adjusted for my weight and riding style, I've really had no problems with my stock KYB Rally shocks. No need to fix something that's not broke.
    RykerRick - Any tips for properly adjusting the Rally shocks? I thought there was just one adjustment and there is not really much in the CanAm manual about the proper settings.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rush1967 View Post
    RykerRick - Any tips for properly adjusting the Rally shocks? I thought there was just one adjustment and there is not really much in the CanAm manual about the proper settings.
    I dont think no real tips, but I can tell you what I did. I made adjustments based on how much load I'm carrying, and the type of road surface (conditions) I'm mostly going to be riding on. I had to experiment around for a bit. For instance, I dont carry a passenger. I weigh 220 lbs, plus the weight of the side cases and brackets (the main bracket I made is pretty hefty) top case and how much I'm carrying in the luggage (I always carry a tool kit, portable compressor, tire plug kit with spare Co2 cartridges, portable power pack/jump starter and spare water, not to mention personal items. So most of the time I have the compression damping (red Knob) set at number 3 (first photo). I have experimented with settings #2 & #4, but #3 seems to work best for me and my road conditions.

The 2nd photo of the rear shock shows that I have the spring adjusted to almost 7/8" with only about a 1/4" of threads left for adjustment. It was originally set from the factory at about 1/2" and that definitely didnt work for me. So I originally adjusted it to 5/8" (one of the recommended settings for carrying a passenger), then re-adjusted it to almost 7/8". At that current setting, its been the best performing and smoothest ride for me and the road surfaces I run on.

Third photo (front shock) shows that I have them set at the 3rd ring. Funny thing happened after the dealer uncrated and assembled the bike, I picked it up and the ride home felt a little odd. I just figured that it was normal since other than the test ride, all I've ever ridden was two wheelers. Once home I was giving it the once over and noticed that the right front shock was set at the 2nd ring, and the left was at the 3rd ring. I adjusted them both to the 3rd ring and took it out and it felt fine. I then tried them at the 4th ring setting and it was a little harsh, so back to the 3rd ring setting and its been there ever since.

If you go to adjust the spring on your rear shock, I use this type of spanner wrench (4th photo). I dont use the little bar that comes with it, I use a ratchet wrench with it because it gives you more leverage. Because it ratchets, it also gives you more space to turn the rings. Also, its much easier to turn the rings on the rear shock if you jack up the rear so that the tire is off the ground, (it takes compression off the spring).

2020 Can Am Ryker Rally Sport Touring Edition