Spyder Garage

Default looking for recent opinions on cat-delete pipe.. 2020 f3 limited

ive read all the older post's on this subject, i ordered a cat delete pipe for my 2020 F3-limited, im thinking baffle in, with end cap out ? .. is this the mid-level sound improvement.. its just too quiet when i get on it. im a guy that shifts at 3000-3500 rpm's in each gear,, sometimes 4000 rpm's. thanks for input.. this is the last mod for my machine this yr...
    2020 F3 limited, liquid titanium
    grip puppies
    Bajaron sway bar
    lamonster belt dampener
    battery tender
    19 in freedom tinted windshield
    matte black daytona frunk wrap
    Quadtrac 165/60's

Spyder Garage

You did not specify which cat delete. i have the RLS with resonator and stock muffler. Nice, smooth, throaty sound. Only a little louder than stock. Ricky told me what it would sound like before I purchased. He was spot on and I like it.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

I put the baffle in but left the end cap off and get a bit more growl.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

I went with Lamonster cat delete pipe with the baffle and an Akrapovic Sinister Silencer. Great sound and I love the decel burble.

2021 Spyder F3-S Special Series
    ————————————————-
    Monster Fuel Injection Stage II
    K&N Air Filter
    Lamonster Cat Delete Pipe with Baffle
    Akrapovic Sinister Exhaust
    Ultimate Floorboards
    Baja Ron’s Anti-Sway Bar Kit
    Elka Shocks Stage 3 Front, Stage 4 Rear
    F4 Customs 32” Windshield
    Pedal Commander
    FOBO 2 TPMS
    Lamonster F3 Brake Rod
    Shad SH36 Side Cases
    Crampbuster

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fredgal View Post
    ive read all the older post's on this subject, i ordered a cat delete pipe for my 2020 F3-limited, im thinking baffle in, with end cap out ? .. is this the mid-level sound improvement.. its just too quiet when i get on it. im a guy that shifts at 3000-3500 rpm's in each gear,, sometimes 4000 rpm's. thanks for input.. this is the last mod for my machine this yr...
    I don't really think the engine &/or exhaust system has changed significantly since 2014 when the 1330 triple came out; so really, all those older threads & the posts they contain with opinions on the cat deletes for the 1330's are going to be just as valid now as they were whenever they were posted!

Whatever way you go, there's no real denying that the OE exhaust is juuust a bit anemic sounding, and pretty much anything that'll free up the exhaust flow & lessen the baffling a little is likely to make it sound at least a bit more like an engine instead of a run-away sewing machine! So aiming for a mid-level sound improvement by installing a cat delete & just the one baffle's gotta be a good start! . Go for it!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

I left baffle in with the baffle end cap off.

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

thanks for your replies, i purchased one from baldwin-iron-works, it was less than 200.00 so i thought is give it a try,, i guess ill leave the baffle in with plug out,,

i want alittle more sound
    grip puppies
    Bajaron sway bar
    lamonster belt dampener
    battery tender
    Quadtrac 165/60's

Spyder Garage

thanks for your replies, i purchased one from baldwin-iron-works, it was less than 200.00 so i thought is give it a try,, i guess ill leave the baffle in with plug out,,

That's what I had. You'll like it.

2022 RT Sea To Sky

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

That is the one that I bought. I left the baffle out all together. It gives it more throttle response, but it is a little loud (stock muffler). I wanted to try it with the baffle in, and plug out. But I was afraid that if I wanted to take the baffle out, it would not be easy to remove after going through a few heating cycles. I will live with the noise for now, as I plan on getting the ecu tune and will need that extra flow.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    That is the one that I bought. I left the baffle out all together. It gives it more throttle response, but it is a little loud (stock muffler). I wanted to try it with the baffle in, and plug out. But I was afraid that if I wanted to take the baffle out, it would not be easy to remove after going through a few heating cycles. I will live with the noise for now, as I plan on getting the ecu tune and will need that extra flow.
    so after you run it awhile with the baffle in. it might not come out ?? so i guess i should try it without baffle, and if it is too loud, put baffle in,, guess ill do that first.. i have 2 friends that are going from 2 wheels to 3 wheels next yr. they love my spyder,,,,,,
    grip puppies
    Bajaron sway bar
    lamonster belt dampener
    battery tender
    Quadtrac 165/60's

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have the Lamonster style cat delete with the screen type baffle. Improved that sewing machine or vacuum cleaner sound just a little. As far as HP increase, I really don't know, but I doubt it. The ECU controls everything on our scooters so any HP improvements I believe is just wishful thinking. If you want to really increase HP go with an ECU flash or install a hellcat hemi.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2dogs View Post
    I have the Lamonster style cat delete with the screen type baffle. Improved that sewing machine or vacuum cleaner sound just a little. As far as HP increase, I really don't know, but I doubt it. The ECU controls everything on our scooters so any HP improvements I believe is just wishful thinking. If you want to really increase HP go with an ECU flash or install a hellcat hemi.
    im not looking for HP gain . the bike needs more sound.. so baffle in, baffle out,,, baffle in with plug,baffle without plug. guess ill look for some sound clips
    grip puppies
    Bajaron sway bar
    lamonster belt dampener
    battery tender
    Quadtrac 165/60's

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

im not looking for HP gain . the bike needs more sound.. so baffle in, baffle out,,, baffle in with plug,baffle without plug. guess ill look for some sound clips
    Remember you've got a high wind'n three banger. Baffle in or out is not going to make a large change in sound. You have to change the muffler to get a bigger change in sound. There isn't anything around that will duplicate the sound of an HD EVO. I ran a 2Bros straight-through muffler (if you could call it that) for a while and finally took it off. It was so God-awful loud that it would wake the dead. It did have that Harley blip sound when I shifted, but the rest of the time it sounded terrible, to me at least. Together the OEM cat and muffler are hot and heavy and I can't begrudge anyone for wanting to lighten up and cool down some. Good luck in your search.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2dogs View Post
    Remember you've got a high wind'n three banger. Baffle in or out is not going to make a large change in sound. You have to change the muffler to get a bigger change in sound. There isn't anything around that will duplicate the sound of an HD EVO. I ran a 2Bros straight-through muffler (if you could call it that) for a while and finally took it off. It was so God-awful loud that it would wake the dead. It did have that Harley blip sound when I shifted, but the rest of the time it sounded terrible, to me at least. Together the OEM cat and muffler are hot and heavy and I can't begrudge anyone for wanting to lighten up and cool down some. Good luck in your search.
    With the baffle removed, the Baldwin cat delete is quite a bit louder than with the baffle in. Baffle + end plug isn't much louder than the with the cat installed. I currently am running the TBR exhaust. Yup, it is loud, even with the TBR P1X suppressor installed. That said, I did slip a baffle inside the TBR delete pipe. Along with either a PX or PX1 suppressor, the sound is awesome.

2022 RT Sea To Sky

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by troop View Post
    With the baffle removed, the Baldwin cat delete is quite a bit louder than with the baffle in. Baffle + end plug isn't much louder than the with the cat installed. I currently am running the TBR exhaust. Yup, it is loud, even with the TBR P1X suppressor installed. That said, I did slip a baffle inside the TBR delete pipe. Along with either a PX or PX1 suppressor, the sound is awesome.
    well i want it louder, so baffle with plug is off the list.. thanks, guess im going to go with no baffle, and if i want alittle less noise , then i will go with baffle in- no plug,, thanks... pipe is suppose to be here today.. wish i had the pipe today, as im off work today, and every monday from now on........
    grip puppies
    Bajaron sway bar
    lamonster belt dampener
    battery tender
    Quadtrac 165/60's

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

so after you run it awhile with the baffle in. it might not come out ?? so i guess i should try it without baffle, and if it is too loud, put baffle in,, guess ill do that first.. i have 2 friends that are going from 2 wheels to 3 wheels next yr. they love my spyder,,,,,,
    Now, my statement is not scientific. It is just a guess. My thoughts are that once the pipe goes through a few heat cycles, it will be a lot harder to remove the internal baffle, without possibly destroying the pipe or having to use a lot of heat and possibly some sort of chisel or puller. The pipe with no baffle is a little too loud to hear my tunes. when riding.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    Now, my statement is not scientific. It is just a guess. My thoughts are that once the pipe goes through a few heat cycles, it will be a lot harder to remove the internal baffle, without possibly destroying the pipe or having to use a lot of heat and possibly some sort of chisel or puller. The pipe with no baffle is a little too loud to hear my tunes. when riding.
    You could be right on that, but I'm not sure. I believe I'd destroy the baffle if I wanted to remove it as opposed to damaging the pipe. I may know more about that after I remove my baffle when I upgrade my ECU.

Spyder Garage

I R&R'd my baffle a couple times. Spray inside with WD40/similar, tap a few times with rubber mallet and pull the baffle out with the included spring puller that Baldwin supplies. Easy...

2022 RT Sea To Sky

Spyder Garage

Well, lemme tell ya. I went through all that changing pipes for better sound on a Harley I once owned. At 67 I'm all grown up now and ain't changin the exhaust on my 2015 F3 just for louder/deeper sound. I want quiet. Enjoy your bike.
    John F.
    Tallahassee, FL

2015 Spyder F3 SE6, black
    BRP Driver/passenger Footboards
    BRP Adjustable Passenger Backrest
    Blue Ridge Windshield
    MRA X-Creen Tour, clear, clamp-on
    H4 LED Headlights
    F3 LED Fog Light Kit, LED Amber Halo Ring Kit, LED Tail Lights, F3 Rear run/brake/turn LEDs
    Easy Brackets
    Leatherworks, Inc. 120 Special Slight Angle Saddlebags
    Custom Dynamics Front Mud Flap LED lights, Street Magic Front Fender Tips, Double Feature Lens
    2-up rear shock
    Idler pulley kit

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by deer30084 View Post
    Well, lemme tell ya. I went through all that changing pipes for better sound on a Harley I once owned. At 67 I'm all grown up now and ain't changin the exhaust on my 2015 F3 just for louder/deeper sound. I want quiet. Enjoy your bike.
    yea im 63 lol , coming from a 1500 vulcan with cobra exhaust it was loud, i just want alittle more sound, from my spyder, not alot,,
    grip puppies
    Bajaron sway bar
    lamonster belt dampener
    battery tender
    Quadtrac 165/60's

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It's been said here that with the baffle in you get a little more on the bottom end of the torque curve. Without it, you get a little more on the top end. I've done both and far be it from me to be able to define any significant difference to any great usable degree. For what it's worth, I've read here that Wick-It recommends leaving it out when you've had your ECU flashed.

Spyder Garage

cat delete took about 10 minutes,, super easy, only one ride with it removed, but im thinking i will try it with the baffle in too see the sound differance, its a bit loud , so im hoping with the baffle, will tone it down a bit,,
    grip puppies
    Bajaron sway bar
    lamonster belt dampener
    battery tender
    Quadtrac 165/60's

Spyder Garage

You go for it kid's!!!!! I want noise, I don't want noise, baffle in baffle out!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    You go for it kid's!!!!! I want noise, I don't want noise, baffle in baffle out!
    i feel like a kid,, problem is im almost 64..........lmao

just installed baffle with no plug,, just enough sound. gonna stay that way, dont think the baffle will come out ,,
    grip puppies
    Bajaron sway bar
    lamonster belt dampener
    battery tender
    Quadtrac 165/60's