Spyder Garage

Default Headlights and fogs inop

Went to take Spyder to work and no headlights. 2010 RS. Checked fuses, look good will check with meter. Starts fine but I have lost headlights and fogs. Recent upgrade was the scoop body panels
    can't see how that would cause problem but will remove Tupperware and check for Burnt, or cut wires. Oh the Highbeam light in the cluster is lit, starts fine, brakelights and turn signals all are fine.
    Not sure what else to do.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Spyder Garage

Got to get dirty, and check it out!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Phobius View Post
    Went to take Spyder to work and no headlights. 2010 RS. Checked fuses, look good will check with meter. .....

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
    Sounds like a dodgy relay rather than a fuse.

Might be worth unplugging & swapping the relays around a bit & seeing if the fault follows the headlight relay.

If it is a dodgy relay, you should be able to get a good quality replacement from most auto/auto elec stores.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

I have the wiring diagram and meter, a buddy looked at the diagram and told me what I already knew. The book gives the checks which I will do Friday. Just hoping someone had a similar issue with a quick fix.
    Sadly the signal come from the ECM, I hope it is not bad. Will advise as I find things out.

Spyder Garage

I did the swapping with no positive results. I moved the headlight relay to the main relay side and it seemed to work properly.
    Next step is to remove the Tupperware and check for wire issues,check grounds and loose connectors.
    Still looking for suggestions and wisdom.
    Thanks for your suggestions

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

One thing weird about halogen bulbs is sometimes they blow at the same time. Had it happen to me twice. I think when one blows, it sends a surge to the other bulb and it blows. What I am trying to say is, change the bulbs and see what happens. It may not be the solution, but an easy thing to check.
    2021 Sea to Sky RT , Highland green