Spyder Garage

Default 2017 RTL parking brake won't turn off & Spyder won't start?! Help?

Unable to turn off parking brake. Bike won't start there is no power to the starter switch. I tried disconnecting parking brake cable, still unable to start bike. Help please.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Your battery could be shot.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

is it in first gear??? have to press on brake when left in gear, or it won't even turn over the motor. just had to ask? i'm sure you maybe already came across this event??
    2015 Spyder RT Ltd- bUrp - only add the "U", 2010 Honda NT700V-red,2010 Honda NT700V-silver retired @201,111 miles, 1997 Honda PC800, 1996 Honda PC800, Honda CT500, Honda Shadow 500, 1978 Suzuki GS550, 1973 Suzuki TC125, other assorted smaller bikes, Suzuki TM400

Spyder Garage

Kill Switch?

Spyder Garage

Don’t laugh, years ago I had my Harley towed in because it wouldn’t start. Turned out the kill switch was off. Totally amazing.

Spyder Garage

Not sure if this will work. If the shut off is on, and you have power try #5 post. This was me several years ago with same problem 17 RTL. It’s never done it since so I’m guessing it was because of the major rain storm that day. Follow my post 5

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ift-to-neutral

“Born to Ride......Ride to Live....MOATER ON !
    “Current ride: 2017 RT Limited”