Spyder Garage

Default Can you ID this part?

Good evening Ladies and Gents.

I am doing the not so pleasant job replacing my spark plugs on my wife's 2010 RTS. I am not sure if I will have this back together before we leave for vacation on the 12th of next month. I cannot believe anything this complicated ever made it to production... but that's a different rant. So, when I get the airbox out, and am visually getting the lay of the land, I notice this item (shown in the circle) and it seems to be missing a hose. This is adjacent to the forward cylinder.

Is there anyone here that knows what this part is and whether or not it should have a hose on it? If it should, it's been missing for some time as the nipple was weathered.

I am just curious if I should be really tearing into this to try to find something. Quick checks yield no orphaned hose that I can see.

Thanks in advance for your teachings...

Tim
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Current - 2010 Spyder RTS

1) Experience is something you don't get until after you need it.
    2) A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    3) IF YOU DON'T HAVE TIME TO DO IT RIGHT, WHEN WILL YOU HAVE TIME TO DO IT OVER??
    ___

Horsepower is an illusory mathematical equation; Torque is REAL, and is the source of all good things in the world.

The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Do you understand?

Please check out my pics!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

See next post for correct answer.
    2021 Sea to Sky RT , Highland green

Spyder Garage

If your Spyder is a manual shift, it is the solenoid for the vacuum assist for pulling the clutch in. There is nothing wrong with yours.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    New to Sue and I
    2021, LTD, Asphalt Gray, 22,000 miles
    Gone but not forgotten
    RTS 2011 SM5, 95,000 miles

Spyder Garage

Thanks guys! The hose went through a quagmire of other stuff and it was late last night when I seen it. The only thing that popped into my mind was "Oh no... missing hose. Now what!" hahaha

Tim

3) IF YOU DON'T HAVE TIME TO DO IT RIGHT, WHEN WILL YOU HAVE TIME TO DO IT OVER??
    ___

Horsepower is an illusory mathematical equation; Torque is REAL, and is the source of all good things in the world.

The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Do you understand?

Spyder Garage

You are welcome.
    New to Sue and I
    2021, LTD, Asphalt Gray, 22,000 miles
    Gone but not forgotten
    RTS 2011 SM5, 95,000 miles

Spyder Garage

As long as you are in there it would be a great time to upgrade your vacuum hoses to silicon ones. These OEM hoses have a history of cracking resulting in ruff running. Take one of your old hoses to a auto parts store for matching the size.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PW2013STL View Post
    As long as you are in there it would be a great time to upgrade your vacuum hoses to silicon ones. These OEM hoses have a history of cracking resulting in ruff running. Take one of your old hoses to a auto parts store for matching the size.

That's on my list to do. Just need to look around and see where my Vac hoses are in here on this Spyder. I already have quite a selections of hoses in my garage. I work on a few Goldwings from time to time and the 1500's love there Vac lines!! hahaha. I have a couple of Wings and tend to work on a few for friends and relatives... not a business that for sure. A Spyder is a new adventure for me.

Thanks!

Tim

___

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PW2013STL View Post
    As far as I can tell, there are only 3 areas on this bike that have Vac lines...

MAPS (2 hoses I think)
    Clutch (3 hoses I think)
    EVAP (1 or 2 in that system)

Tim

___