Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

RykerRick - have your suggestions down and will be riding the Smokey Mountains and the Cherohala Skyway. My son just come back from TDY in the TN/NC area, and he can not stop talking about how beautiful it is. Would be fun to met up and have coffee!

Spyder Garage

Wow! Great input! Did not know about butlermaps...will definitely look into them. Am adding your suggestions to my list of rides. Thank you!

Spyder Garage

Cannot wait to tide this road and stop at Big Bend...hubby and I laughed when we read your comment about open carry. Had not thought about it that way...dog and pepper spray is the way I am going. Thank you for your advice and touch of humor.

Spyder Garage

"Something special" is a good way to go. Yes, this will be an adventure of a lifetime and I thankfully am blessed that I do not have to rush back to a job.

Spyder Garage

The sign with the mileage to Boston is at the beginning of Hwy.20 at the 101 junction.
    The helmet liners we wear are called "Slicks" and we bought them years ago. I have no idea if they are still made. If you can't find anything satisfactory, and you can sew, email me at zittenfields@Q.com and give my a phone number I can send photos of the liner to,
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Very Active Member SportsterDoc's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    Glacier National Park Going to the Sun Road...
    +1
    The Going to the Sun Road is my most memorable National Park experience.
    Yellowstone this month was great, but very crowded.

44-Going to the Sun Road.jpg
    23 Moto Guzzi V7-850 SE 23 Yamaha XT250 18 Yamaha Bolt R-Spec 22 Triumph Street Twin 20 CanAM Ryker 900 14 Honda CB1100 18 Yamaha XT250 16 Moto Guzzi V7 II 17 Yamaha TW200 12 Triumph Bonneville 02 Sportster 1200 Sport 03 Sportster 883 76 Honda CB750F 75 Honda CB360 70 Yamaha CT1 72 Yamaha CT2 72 Yamaha AT2/CT2 70 Honda SL350 70 Honda CL350 67 Honda CL160 67 Honda CB160 62 Honda CA110
    2020 900 , NGK 4218 iridium CR8EIX Matte black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RICZ View Post
    The sign with the mileage to Boston is at the beginning of Hwy.20 at the 101 junction.
    The helmet liners we wear are called "Slicks" and we bought them years ago. I have no idea if they are still made. If you can't find anything satisfactory, and you can sew, email me at zittenfields@Q.com and give my a phone number I can send photos of the liner to,
    We've worn Slicks since a GL1800 rider turned me on to them. They prevent helmet itch by allowing the hair shaft to dljde around and not poke into the root, reduce helmet head, and kerp helmet interiors fresher longer. I think you can also find similar marketed as "Silkys". https://cyclecrafts.net/product/silky-helmet-liner/
    "Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"
    2021 RTL Dark Chalk Metallic with comfort seat
    1978 GL1000 w/'75 engine show bike
    1976 RD400c

Spyder Garage

In addition to an aspirin in the morning I would consider some compression socks. Recommended for anyone who is sitting all day for multiple days especially if you are older. Get the longer style. Here's one reference but just google the topic.
    https://www.advpulse.com/adv-product...ression-socks/

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Windhound View Post
    I am rolling over to 70 next April 2022. My birthday present is going to be a tour of the US on my Ryker Rally with my pup. I live by Olympia, WA so will starting from there.

I am in the planning stages of my trip so I am looking for suggestions for beautiful roads to ride, places of interest not to be missed and restaurant's that serve extraordinary local cuisine. Two of the places I am definitely stopping are Ellsworth AFB, South Dakota and Elgin AFB, panhandle of Florida, where my sons stationed. Will be camping and staying in motels and staying at bases. Also do you suggest open carry?

Thank you for your input!
    Hi Windhound,

Will you be visiting the North East?

If so Rte 100 north/south in Vermont is very scenic,and there a lot of great places to eat, and stay. Also try Route 108 Smugglers Notch,( near Stowe,VT)it is a great road for spyders, and it is very busy with hikers, campers, etc. http://smuggs.com

Also in New Hampshire Kancamagus highway Route 112 northern New Hampshire it takes you thru the White Mountains National Forest Lincoln, New Hampshire. It is 34.5 miles long, if you go be sure to get gas, because there is no gas stations on the Kancamagus highway. For more info. look go to http://KancamagusHighway.com

Also bring your Covid -19 Vaccine card with you.

Safe travels!

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue