Active Member SpyderGoldwingOwner's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default New 2020 Spyder RT owner

I am a Honda 2018 DCT Goldwing rider. I recently bought a new 2020 Spyder RT. Without the rear top case for my wife. I want to purchase the top case($2000) which is a little pricey for me. I am aware of the aftermarket offering. Anyone know of any dealers that offer a discounted price for the OEM Topcase?

The Spyder is a hoot to ride. What one modification would you do to the trike. I am not in to chrome just ride improvements. I am leaning to the sway bar. Those who have it did you install yourself? Thanks

Spyder Garage

It's all based on your size, shape and riding habits. I like my BRP backrest for solo cruising, but not for 2-up. It feels great. I needed to use the Lamonster risers for less forward lean when riding. (long arms) I lit her up with an auxiliary front light, sequential Fenderz LED fender lights, floorboard LED's, and rear LED's. (Even Helen Keller can see me coming from all angles now). You might need the mirror locks.....I did. That stops the vibration shake in the mirrors. (not all Spyders need this) And definitely the Lamonster Spyder cuff for add-ons like phone holder, motion camera (if you're into video recording your rides) and I use it for my TomTom GPS when travelling long distances. Also a dash pouch for Sunglasses, tire pressure gauge, GDO, EZ-pass, Covid mask, etc. will save you time and effort when out and about. There are so many more useful add-ons. Read some of the older threads here and you'll get the bug to Farkle. Enjoy your new ride and Welcome to Spyder Lovers.
    GLIDE-ON>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Blue Belle" 2021 RTL Chrome in Petrol Blue
    2021 RTL Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

and on the new purchase.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Glad you like the Spyder. If you act quick (before 31 July) yo can get the top case for $1663.99. Good luck.
    2021 900 Ace , Black & Gold

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Al View Post
    Glad you like the Spyder. If you act quick (before 31 July) yo can get the top case for $1663.99. Good luck.
    I will second this comment. I tried to buy the shad case but it was on back order for too long and so I just bit the bullet and got mine from Can-Am at $1600. It was delivered in less than a week. They will find a dealer that wants to fulfill your order and it will ship directly from a dealer.
    2020 RT , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

I have the 2021 Spyder RTL. I find the ride to be fine. Not looking at sway bars or shocks, etc.
    I think the 2020 and 2021 models are the same and there were some design changes that made the ride pretty nice.
    I did add the Utopia driver backrest as I have had one on previous bikes, need a backrest and really like the Utopia.
    Also replaced the stock handlebars with the Helibars…absolutely LOVE them for my female short-reach arms and they are so customizable.
    Also put the foam overgrips on the grips….I had these on my Gold Wing trike also… makes the grips very comfortable for me and the heat still comes through fine.
    Also put the adjustable BRP air wings on… they don’t move as much air as the Bakers I had on the Gold Wing trike but I did not like the look of the baker model for the Spyder.
    That’s it so far…I am not a sparkle/farkle person and plan to keep the stock look. I always think of resale value and what I might like for farkles a potential buyer might think hideous.
    I am looking at adding a clear protective film cover all over to help preserve the new paint look.. got to say I have never seen such crummy paint on any of the 9 bikes I have owned since 1978…very disappointed with it.
    2021 RT Ltd, Marsala Red/Black, Dark
    New course heading Mr Sulu: 2nd star to the right and straight on til morning...

Spyder Garage

Welcome!

Active Member SpyderGoldwingOwner's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I bought the shhhhhhhhh! OEM Top Case on sale

Spyder Garage

&

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD