Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Beginner View Post
    I see lots of people riding with one hand off the bars, not ryker owners, just bikers.
    It's gotten to the point where I almost always ride with only one hand at least when in light traffic. Even on the interstate. I usually swap out left hand then right hand to give me hands a little break. I use an Atlas Throttle Lock to help manage my throttle on a long trip, so a lot of times I'll ride and just basically rest my hands on the end of the handle bars. I have read where the size of the hand grips can cause the tingly problem. The small diameter stock hand grips can cause your hands to go numb.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

I went for a ride the other day after I moved the handle bars up one notch on the ryker rally. They didn't get tingly, but then again it wasn't a long run on a highway. I had driven to an empty parking lot to practice slaloming and figure eights. Figure eights are easy enough, but to make them tight it is like you are jamming those handlebars from side to side quickly with a good deal of force at slow speeds. I don't even understand why they test for this on a 3 wheeled bike in my state, no sense, no real skill. On a regular motorcycle I can see why, but on a ryker??? Only a little over 500 miles in under a month, still not an expert but I have a way better understanding of how this bike works in turns, curves, and bumpy roads.

I like to sit with my butt all the way back on the seat where the seat curves up, feels more comfortable. I have seen videos where people seem to be sitting closer to the tank which I don't understand the reasoning unless it is more comfortable for them. I go about 240-250 lbs and some of them seem to be smaller in frame. All the bigger riders I have seen sit way back like I am. I've only seen one other ryker in my area, and I was in my truck. I talked to a couple of spyder owners, but those bikes are bigger and heavier, sit higher, and shift up, which I don't think is an apples to apples comparison.

I still didn't put on gloves yet, the tactile response on the throttle is great with the standard grip. I'm a little concerned that I won't have that same feel with gloves and foam grips. I can have my hand open on the throttle and the rubber grip fins(?) will still let me control the speed with slight forward and back motion on the straight strips. I live in the sticks in a hilly area, not too many straight stretches. Maybe I'll put on my nomex gloves and give it a try, they are pretty lightweight for starters.

Thanks for all the advice so far, I am drinking it in.

Spyder Garage

Weighted bar ends definitely work! Both me and my husband have installed them on our Spyders...my RT-S and his F3T. He was having problems with his right hand especially, going to sleep while riding. The weights and also a belt tensioner from LaMonster Garage has cured the problem. I got the bar end weights off of Ebay. They are made by Show Chrome. They come in chrome or black. Look good too!
    2014 RT-S SM6 , Circuit Yellow