Spyder Garage

Default Risers - Slingmods vs Helibars.... is there really that much difference??

Sling Mod has risers for the RT for $85. Helibars has risers for the RT for $600. Is there really $515 in extra value with the Helibars? Hoping for recommendations here.
    2021 Spyder RT
    Retired U.S. Army
    Life Member, NRA
    2021 RT , Petrol (blue)

Spyder Garage

Helibars are not just risers. They are bars with multiple adjustment points on them that allow you to position them in all sorts of different configurations. Yes, they raise the bars but the adjustability of them is why they are so expensive. Those Slingmod risers just add space below the bars to push them up and back. I went with the Helibars and have been very happy with them and have tweaked them a few times now as I put more miles on.
    2021 Spyder RT-L Deep Marsalsa Metalic

Spyder Garage

vito, you are trying to compare Apples & Rolls Royces These two are COMPLETELY different things, with the only commonality between them being that both have something to do with motorcycle handlebars.

The Slingmods offerings are fairly basic & simple risers that do nothing but lift the bracket mounting point for the handlebars that you already have (or will have to get!) so if anything, they are maybe a tad OVER-priced for what they do!

Helibars aren't JUST Risers, they are replacement pivots & risers that are adjustable for rake & reach & and a bunch more besides; and given the complexity of the two assemblies that give the infinite adjustability they have which allows each individual rider to set them to their ideal position, they are probably pretty much right on the mark as far as price is concerned. They really are the Rolls Royce of adjusters for handlebars!

You can check the Helibars out in the 3rd pic in post #3 of this thread:

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...light=Helibars
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-26-2021 at 09:00 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

The MANY variables of adjustment the Helibars allow makes customizing your personal fit absolutely in its own class for your personal comfort.
    Also makes a wonderful selling point when its time to find a new home for the vehicle.
    There was no decision-making hesitation for me… ordered the Helibars immediately for my 2021 RTL.
    Didn’t have to order this, find it wrong, order that, find it not right… so much frustration with all of that.
    Extremely happy with the Helibars as well as my 2021 RTL.
    2021 RT Ltd, Marsala Red/Black, Dark
    New course heading Mr Sulu: 2nd star to the right and straight on til morning...

Spyder Garage

I bought the Lamonster handlebar risers first. the stock bars made my right hand a little numb.Lamonsters risers cured that. Then i seen the heli and ordered them for my 2021 RT limited...Love them! I think they are well worth the extra money . Complete adjustability.
    Attached Images Attached Images