Spyder Garage

Default Any members using Power Commander V?

I am thinking about buying a Power Commander V from Fuel Moto. I would like to hear about any member results with using this tuner.
    I ride a 2015 Spyder F3-S with a TBR exhaust, and I am afraid of running lean. I did melt the TBR aluminum baffle, and replaced it with a SS one.
    I appreciate your help.

Spyder Garage

The biggest advantage of using the PCV versus the PV3 is that the PV5 is a piggy back fuel tuner and won't leave a digital trail in the ECU. That said, according to Rusty at Dynojet, the PCV will eventually be phased out in favor of the Power Visions. The PCV has to have maps built on a dyno, whereas the Power Visions can use the data ports from the ECU and O2 sensors to build maps. You will likely never see any updated mapping from the PCV. Call FM as they are a wealth of info. I have used Power Commanders on past bikes, with Jamie Long at FM doing the tunes. The PV3 is a great tool. Call them for the complete rundown.

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the data! When I did a search for available tuners on the Fuel Moto site, they listed the PCV, but not the PV3. Maybe it is not available for the 2015 Spyder F3. I like the idea of an auto-tuner.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The Power Commander V has provisions for the AutoTune module but it's not clear if a single-channel AutoTune will work in the Spyder configuration. And if it does is the existing UEGO used or must the AutoTune's UEGO be added to the exhaust pipe? I've asked DynoJet this question but no answer so far. Turns out I have an extra AutoTune module.
    2014 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SE6 Freeway Commuter Pod
    2016 Royal Enfield Classic 500 Fair-Weather Mountain Bike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

DynoJet answered my question. I can use my AutoTune AT-200 with the Power Commander V and I will have to add the AT's UEGO to the exhaust pipe, probably next to the Spyder's UEGO. Waiting for answer from Ikon but for $400 I might just give this a try.

Spyder Garage

Wow! You are going deeper than I want to go. Are you are now using the Power Commander V. If so, does it help the performance and leanness of your Spyder without throwing codes?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

SR -- not yet, still in the investigation mode. Ikon responded to my shock questions, are consulting with headquarters in Australia. So haven't decided on way forward. But if I do an AFR improvement, it will probably be DynoJet rather than Wick-It even though I have to weld a bung on the exhaust pipe.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the help. To close the loop, I bought a PV3 from Fuel Moto and loaded the base .djt map. The 2015 F3-S seems to have gained a significant amount of power. I haven't recorded data yet for a custom map.
    I have a TBR exhaust system and have recently installed a K&N air filter.
    I noticed that Troop has the same set-up on his 2019 F3-S. In doing research on the PV3, I noticed that Troop got a custom map from Fuel Moto with the help of Jamie. I sent a message to Jamie at Fuel Moto to see if I could get the same map, but after a week I have not heard back yet.
    I have another question that I may need to start another thread on: The TBR exhaust is loud and I will probably add a baffle at the front connection point. If any of you have done this, what baffle did you use?
    Thanks, Larry