Spyder Garage

Default 2021 F3 Limited Horn upgrade

I’ve been researching horns to upgrade the puny horn on my bike. Everything I find notes they fit pre 2020 model's.

Two questions:
    - Is there ‘that’ big of a difference in the current model vs. older, that would keep a horn from being installed? It already appears that I would need to relocate.

- I do want a two tone horn. I don’t see much of a difference (sound, physical appearance or reviews) between the Wolo Big Boy and the Stebel Nautilus Compact. Is one really better than the other and/or is the another manufacturer I’m missing entirely?
    While a train horn is an option, I don’t like how far it would need to be mounted off the frame to clear the panels.

Once again, thanks for your insight!

I ‘think’ this is the last upgrade for awhile. After I install a few items coming in this week and the horn, I’ll update my signature, noting all upgrades and include a photo.

2021 F3L Black/Chrome
    LAMonster:
    Ultimate Backrest, Bottle Holder, Baja Ron Sway bar, Cat Delete Pipe, Freedom Windshield, Highway brackets/Black Demond pegs, Upgraded Tension Roller, FOBO Tire Pressure Monitor
    TricLED:
    Sequential LED Spyder Fender Lights, Run/Brake/Turn Strobe Light Kit, Brake flasher
    SlingMods:
    Chrome Luggage Rack
    Pedal Commander
    Spyder Accessories.com:
    Tank Pad
    Amazon:
    Ciro phone holder/mount, Stebel Nautilus Air Horn/Wiring Kit, Short Reach Handlebar

Spyder Garage

Which ever horn you get, be sure to use a relay. I added a fuse block to attach all electrical accessories to avoid the bike's fussy electronics. Here's a photo of my dual car horn installation on the back wall of the frunk, above the battery. Note the fuse block between the horns.

HORN PROJECT 11.jpg
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the reminder re: the relay. Hubby says I really need one to ensure the horn can reach it’s full potential!

2021 F3L Black/Chrome
    LAMonster:
    Ultimate Backrest, Bottle Holder, Baja Ron Sway bar, Cat Delete Pipe, Freedom Windshield, Highway brackets/Black Demond pegs, Upgraded Tension Roller, FOBO Tire Pressure Monitor
    TricLED:
    Sequential LED Spyder Fender Lights, Run/Brake/Turn Strobe Light Kit, Brake flasher
    SlingMods:
    Chrome Luggage Rack
    Pedal Commander
    Spyder Accessories.com:
    Tank Pad
    Amazon:
    Ciro phone holder/mount, Stebel Nautilus Air Horn/Wiring Kit, Short Reach Handlebar

Spyder Garage

Try a search here for: Horn Upgrade or WOLO Horn. Lots of info!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2katz View Post
    Thanks for the reminder re: the relay. Hubby says I really need one to ensure the horn can reach it’s full potential!
    That, and not melt the switch.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

I installed a set of goldwing horns in the cavern under the frunk liner. Got them for less than $20 off eBay. Had great result with that. One must be aware that the OEM horn is switched by the ground wire, the hot +12v is always hot with the bike on or off. I'm showing the necessary circuit diagram for using a relay to beep your extra horns (if you are not going to run horny strobes ignore any extra wires not hooked to the horns).

to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey