Spyder Garage

Default What do I need to do in Caring for matte/satin Paint?!

Hi All. This is the first Ryker I have got, had an F3 prior. What do I need to clean the Matte/Satin<what ever the paint is?
    2021 900 Ace , Black & Gold

Spyder Garage

Wash it like you would any other vehicle surface. If you want to detail it after the fact, I just do a quick wipe down with some non-greasy quick detailer. I use matte plastic conditioner on all of the black plastics.
    2020 600 ACE , Black/Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Al View Post
    Hi All. This is the first Ryker I have got, had an F3 prior. What do I need to clean the Matte/Satin<what ever the paint is?
    You will likely get a myriad of answers (I emphasize the fact that you ask "to clean" as opposed to preserve/protect). According to the 2021 operator's guide, "Hand-wash with a soft wash mitt and a mild cleaning product safe for matte paint." (p. 119). I personally have been using Meguiar's Gold Class car wash on all my vehicles for many years with excellent results. I have yet to actually wash my Ryker, but when I do I will be using Meguiar's. For touch-ups between washes, I use a damp quality microfiber cloth on the matte plastic and textured powder coated surfaces, and Meguiar's Ultimate Quick Detailer (and another microfiber cloth) on the gloss plastic (i.e., in my case the side panels) and gloss metal surfaces.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

https://www.amazon.com/Star-brite-Ul...s%2C179&sr=8-6

Try this stuff.It works pretty good.

Spyder Garage

Works great ..
    Attached Images Attached Images

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

I try not to hose it down unless its really dirty because the fasteners and metal parts of theses machines rust as quick as you can look at it (especially the stamped metal parts). If I do use the hose, I use a gas powered leaf blower to dry and displace all the water that collects in all the nooks & crannies. I usually use wet cotton rags repeatedly then towel dry. No paint on these machines, its pure pigmented black plastic. I use 303 Aerospace Protectant about every three months. Its used in the marine boating industry to prevent weathering, fading and cracking of plastics & vinyl's on marine vessels, ATV, UTV's campers and such. It does a really nice job on the black plastics on the Rykers keeping it new looking and preventing fading.
    2020 Can Am Ryker Rally Sport Touring Edition

Spyder Garage

I guess I who'd read the book!!!
    2021 900 Ace , Black & Gold