Spyder Garage

Default Can I install 2021 F3 Handlebars on a 2021 RT?

I have a 2021 Spyder RT Limited, can I install 2021 F3 handlebars?

I guess the question is there enough wires for the taller bar?

-Ed

Spyder Garage

They fit and work, I have them on mine as well as several other people. You may have to remove some of the zip ties under the Tupperware but not hard to do.

I purchased the (RT) short reach bars for my S2S RTL and discovered they were a little to short reach, so I was able to trade them for a set of stock F3 bars which are about half way between the RT stock and short reach bars. I am happy with the fit and feel I am 5'8" with average arm reach (never measured). Like Copperman said its best to try them out if you can first, I went to the dealer and measured the bars on the F3 first to make sure that's what I wanted before the trade.
    2021 Sea to Sky , cyclops light, front fender light/turn signal, rear run/brake/ turn signal LED strip, BRP floor board light Green

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ENGINEER View Post
    I have a 2021 Spyder RT Limited, can I install 2021 F3 handlebars?

I guess the question is there enough wires for the taller bar?

-Ed
    Any of the F3 bars work on the newer RTs. If you know someone who has changed their bars, it's in your best interest to sit on theirs to see how you like their particular bar. Just so you know, the F3 "Short Reach" bars bring the grips pretty far back. I ended up putting the F3 "Long Reach" bars on mine. Also, you need to install the plastic wire holders from your OEM bar to whatever bar you install.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

I just need a couple more inches over factory bars. I don't know anyone.

Spyder Garage

Not understanding....a couple more inches toward the front of the bike, or toward the rear? Pre 2019 F3T & L have bars with grips closer to the rider by a couple inches. If you loosen the clamp, there is up and down travel available. Use a quality 7mm Allen socket and a long handle as the bolts are Loctited tight. Torque is 28 lb/ft.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Can't seem to upload a picture, but the stock F3 bars are about 3" longer than the stock and about 2" shorter than the short reach bars.
    2021 Sea to Sky , cyclops light, front fender light/turn signal, rear run/brake/ turn signal LED strip, BRP floor board light Green

Spyder Garage

Engineer, I installed Helibars on my ‘21 RT. As part of their instructions, they get you to unscrew and remove the double metal cable clip that you can just see from the riders seat before your cables disappear into the front bodywork. You then loosely clip using cable ties after installation. The Helibars are as long/tall as any of the BRP bars.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Stock F3 bars work great. $109.95
    Easy swap.
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

So ... How do the stock 20/21 RT handlebars compare to the LONG reach F3 accessory bars?

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Like many, I replaced my wife's 2021 RTL's handle bars with the F3 Stock (the part number you would want is 709402241) due to the newer models default larger reach. For the switch, I had enough cable length so that I didn't cut the zip ties but at times I wish there were a little more slack in the cables. The new shorter reach relieved my wife's shoulder pains and a driver backrest helped with the lower back.

Can-Am really needs to put out a guide on which bars should be ordered for your new RT based on a person's height and arm length. There are a lot of people not liking the default handlebar configuration and having to swap out handlebars. Our Spyder is configured so well to her liking that it doesn't really fit me well any longer. Perhaps that was my wife's plan all along so I stick with my 2017 and not ride hers!

2017 Spyder RT Limited - Champagne Metallic Chrome
    - Wolo Bad Boy Horn, SPYDERPOPS Next Gen LED Bumpskid, SPYDERPOPS Double Vision Daytime Running Lights
    2021 Spyder RT Limited - Deep Marsala Metallic Dark
    - Replaced 2021 Stock Handlebars with F3 Stock Handlebars, BRP Adjustable Driver Backrest, Wolo Bad Boy Horn, SPYDERPOPS Double Vision Daytime Running Lights, SPYDERPOPS ""BRAKER BARS" Brake/Run Lights

Spyder Garage

Just a clarification:

Short reach bars: These are the LONGER ones so that the driver has a shorter reach to the bars.

Long reach bars: These are the SHORTER ones so that the driver has a longer reach to the bars.

It's kind of like the Pause/Resume buttons on the tripmeters. The opposite one that you want has to be visible for the meters to be on. EG: When it shows Pause it's on.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

This is a picture of the three bars, stock RT, stock F3 and short reach7CFE8296-FC09-413E-A854-A5E2D3E0E9EF.jpg

Spyder Garage

To add to all the above, I have the F3 Attitude bars on my 2020 RTL.
    2020 RT Limited Deep Marsala Chrome

2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfrog View Post
    This is a picture of the three bars, stock RT, stock F3 and short reach7CFE8296-FC09-413E-A854-A5E2D3E0E9EF.jpg
    I was debating F3 bars versus a 2" riser. I did the riser and like the results. After seeing this comparison picture, I'm liking it even more.
    2020 RTL
    Utopia backrest

Spyder Garage

So, it looks like the stock 2020+ RT bars are basically the same as the F3 accessory long reach bars.

2022 RT Sea To Sky

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by troop View Post
    So, it looks like the stock 2020+ RT bars are basically the same as the F3 accessory long reach bars.
    There is a big difference in reach between the two. Looks can be deceiving.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Absolutely not. In that picture, the shortest bar (top) is the 2020 RTL OEM bar. The middle bar is the F3 OEM bar. And the third bar (bottom) is the F3 Short Reach bar. The gap you see between the top bar and the middle bar will be the F3 Long reach bar. That picture was taken by me after I ended up with the F3 Long Reach bars on my 2020 RT Limited.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Default Handlebar question.

I have a 2015 RT-S with stock handlebars. I want to move the handlebars closer to me to make a backrest more usable. Are there any options other than the tri axis bars? Will F3 bars work on a 2015 RT-S?. Also would like a backrest that folds down and back up manually. From what I can gather the BRP is spring loaded. I'm interested in one that's like a Mustang backrest. I've seen the one offered by SlingMods but unsure if it has a spring. Does anyone know of others? I'm looking at keeping the stock seat. I checked with Ultimate Seats and their backrests only work with their seats. Thanks in advance. gbatown.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gbatown View Post
    I have a 2015 RT-S with stock handlebars. I want to move the handlebars closer to me to make a backrest more usable. Are there any options other than the tri axis bars? Will F3 bars work on a 2015 RT-S?. Also would like a backrest that folds down and back up manually. From what I can gather the BRP is spring loaded. I'm interested in one that's like a Mustang backrest. I've seen the one offered by SlingMods but unsure if it has a spring. Does anyone know of others? I'm looking at keeping the stock seat. I checked with Ultimate Seats and their backrests only work with their seats. Thanks in advance. gbatown.
    Utopia
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gbatown View Post
    Are there any options other than the Tri-axis bars for a 2015 RT??? Nope, sorry, but those Pre 2020 RT bars are pretty much unique & AFAIK the Tri-axis bars are basically your only choice for a bar swap

That said, a few owners have been motivated enough to change that they've worked out a solution - it's not exactly simple, but you can remove the hand grip/control ends of the OEM RT bars & fit stub bar tubes into the grip ends of the OEM RT bars; which will allow the fitting of 'dog-bone risers' onto the ends of the new stub bars; & then you can refit the hand grips & controls to the ends of the risers, raising the grip/controls & providing some fore/aft adjustment via angling the risers..... but if you ask me, it does look pretty sketchy! Works tho!

As for the backrest, I reckon K80's got you covered!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Copperman View Post
    Absolutely not. In that picture, the shortest bar (top) is the 2020 RTL OEM bar. The middle bar is the F3 OEM bar. And the third bar (bottom) is the F3 Short Reach bar. The gap you see between the top bar and the middle bar will be the F3 Long reach bar. That picture was taken by me after I ended up with the F3 Long Reach bars on my 2020 RT Limited.
    Reviving an old thread here. Your picture doesn't show a F3 LONG reach bar. It shows OEM 2020+ RT/stock F3/short reach F3 bars. You say you ended up using F3 Long reach bars. What bar is closest to the rider, 2020+ RT bar or F3 Long reach bar? Thx

2022 RT Sea To Sky

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Reviving an old thread here. Your picture doesn't show a F3 LONG reach bar. It shows OEM 2020+ RT/stock F3/short reach F3 bars. You say you ended up using F3 Long reach bars. What bar is closest to the rider, 2020+ RT bar or F3 Long reach bar? Thx
    You missed post #17????????????????????

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    You missed post #17????????????????????
    No !!!!!!!!!! I saw this.. "That picture was taken by me after I ended up with the F3 Long Reach bars on my 2020 RT Limited." So, I'd take it that the F3 Long reach bars are closer to the rider than the OEM 2020+ RT bars? Their are no photos of Long reach F3 bars, let alone a comparison versus 2020+ RT bars. Bottom line, for me, is if the 2020+ OEM RT bars are a further/longer reach than the F3 long reach bars, I might be interested in buying one.
    Last edited by troop; 02-07-2022 at 12:29 PM.

2022 RT Sea To Sky

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

No !!!!!!!!!! I saw this.. "That picture was taken by me after I ended up with the F3 Long Reach bars on my 2020 RT Limited." So, I'd take it that the F3 Long reach bars are closer to the rider than the OEM 2020+ RT bars? Their are no photos of Long reach F3 bars, let alone a comparison versus 2020+ RT bars. Bottom line, for me, is if the 2020+ OEM RT bars are a further/longer reach than the F3 long reach bars, I might be interested in buying one.
    In Post #12 Spiderfrog said
    You ask above
    What bar is closest to the rider, 2020+ RT bar or F3 Long reach bar?
    In Post #17 Copperman said
    The gap you see between the top bar and the middle bar will be the F3 Long reach bar.
    I thought that answered your question which is why I thought maybe you missed reading it. The only info not there is just how much closer to the rider the F3 long reach is than the stock RT would be.
    Last edited by IdahoMtnSpyder; 02-07-2022 at 01:24 PM.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)